ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ICE UPGRADE

I am looking at upgrading the ice in my car dont want anything to much just some good sound maybe even an amp and some new speaker's .

What would you recommend ???

Clio 1.4 16v
^^ Agree with above, stay well away from 6x9's, and make sure the tweeters in the front are mounted where the original ones are

not gonna go the 6x9 route . gone are the day's of cutting the parcel shelf or making a stealth shelf . lol .

what sub , amp , components would you suggest .

Clio 1.4 16v
I've always used VIBE audio, never had any problems. Their Active enclosures are also very good if you're trying to save a bit of space in your boot

type r comps, coaxs and the amp to go with them is what i have. most dont realise i dont have a sub. no need with these beauties. go caraudiosecurity.com

you want 13cm alpine type r's all round and the Alpine: MRP-F450 4-channel Amplifier

jamie

E60 diesel powah
ive currently got a phoniex gold compition amp, kenwood speaks, 15" velocity sub and panasonic headunit...lol

if it wasnt for the compition amp..trust me..it would sound w**k! only recently swapped the amp for a sub

you need to look for rms wattage as well lad

thats why i went for the type r's, best rms out put you could get for that kinda money

jamie

nah jay far to heavy for the cupper

ahhh didnt know you had a cup

in that case, who needs speakers??? get rid of all plastics you mofo lol

stripped is the way forwards!!! the engine is your new soundtrack!!

jamie

VRS
im curently mixing a bunch of brands:

alpine headunit, rainbow components and a vibe active sub

the alpine is awesome, the rainbows sound the nuts and the vibe is good, not the best but i like the fact that it has a built in amp and doesnt take up much space

andy

nice one andy cheer's .

i dont really want to go the sub route . lol . but the remap will be able to pull it along . lol

VRS
i have the off days where i just want to take the sub out! the bonus with the vibe is that i can just unplug it and lift it out in a few mins :D

then if im in the mood for some base i can pop it back in :)

its also handy that its easy to remove when im going on long journeys or carrying loads of stuff as its easy to take out.

the rainbows are truly awesome tho tim :) i would deffo recommend having a look at them :)