ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ICE problem?

?
I have the following setup:

-Alpine ida-x100
- Uprated speakers all round (infinities coaxails and alpine or something at rear)

Anyway, standard speaker wire, no amp. Just noticed sometimes the sound quality just suddenly gets worse (maybe when its very loud) halfway through a song and if you turn it up more or adjust volume hereafter it sounds quite bad quality. Turning the headunit on/off fixes this but it comes back!

Is it because I dont have an amp?

Mk2 172
I have the following setup:

-Alpine ida-x100
- Uprated speakers all round (infinities coaxails and alpine or something at rear)

Anyway, standard speaker wire, no amp. Just noticed sometimes the sound quality just suddenly gets worse (maybe when its very loud) halfway through a song and if you turn it up more or adjust volume hereafter it sounds quite bad quality. Turning the headunit on/off fixes this but it comes back!

Is it because I dont have an amp?

Nothing to do with not having amp.
How high is the volume on the headunit?
Alpine units start to clip at above 3 quarter volume or the unit may just be getting hot.
Could be a speaker going down to ground which will also cause it to overheat and cause problems like u have described.
Its a game of fault finding im afraid!!

?
I only noticed it towards the end of a 4 hour trip and have never noticed it before... so maybe it was just the unit getting hot?

What do you mean 'speaker going down to ground'

Polo + Micra
i had a problem with the speaker connection touching the door before as there isn't a lot of room behind them.