ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ibiza Bocanegra

Finally got round to taking some pics of the Ibiza. I know it isn't to everyones taste, but I think it looks well and a bit different / quirky.

Have always drive Renaults of some description or another, so thought I would take the chance and try something new. So far, no regrets with the Ibiza.

Anyway...thanks for having a look (and I'll brace myself for a roasting from some folks lol)

boc7.jpg

boc6.jpg

boc5.jpg

boc4.jpg

boc3.jpg

Boc2.jpg

Boc1.jpg

Yozz'd up 182
I like it!

Saw a white one around.

Theyre certainly eye catching.

1.4 TC are they?

Turbos.
They are ok, but like most Seats, they have no arches! It's odd, because the front and rear look aggressive, but overall stance is just non existant. So for me it looks like something pretending to be sporty...

Not that it isn't a good looking car!

Yeah, they are supercharged and turbo'd. You actually wouldn't believe the torque and accelaration out of this wee car...1.4 engine, 178bhp. It is well nippy for what it is and handles a treat.

I like it because it is different. If I drive sensibly, I can get a steady 45mpg. However, what I really like about this car is if I want a bit of fun, that option is there on tap...mpg drops rather quickly though when you really hammer the loud pedal lol!

Yozz'd up 182
Sounds really nice.

Are they running two different levels of boost then?

Also has anyone ever though about doing the same to a F4R?

looks really nice, havnt actually seen one on the roads

I prefer the look of the cupra too, i would have one over a 200 i think

Black Clio GT
really nice cars these, and go pretty well too!!!
i dont like the black nose on yours so it would be the normal cupra for me but glad your enjoying it.......

My mate has a 197 and his brother a Boc, one night they had a very good run down some local back roads and the 197 could not get past the Boc, but was apparently very close.

Oh and the Boc's nose is slowly turning white, think SEAT sprayed a very thin layer of black paint on it.

clio 172 cup
7 speed gearbox? they are supposed to remap to about 220bhp i like them but like said before needs some wider archs

My mate has a 197 and his brother a Boc, one night they had a very good run down some local back roads and the 197 could not get past the Boc, but was apparently very close.

Oh and the Boc's nose is slowly turning white, think SEAT sprayed a very thin layer of black paint on it.

I would say that sounds about right. In terms of performance, there is not a massive amount of difference between 197 and Boc...they are paced very very similar.

The Boc has much more low down torque and grunt than the 197...but I would say the 197 held the corners better.

Interesting about the nose slowly turning white...haven't seen any sign of that yet, but if it happens, am perfectly happy to get a respray done.

Totally agree about perhaps slightly more flaired arches and dropped a little would improve the overall stance.

Yeah...they have a 7-speed DSG gear box...takes a bit of getting used to, but works well. Padel shift changes on the steering wheel are pretty neat.

Last edited:
This is the only interior picture I have at the moment..and it doesn't really do the car justice, but here goes...
150.jpg

Can you get them in manual?
Not yet! Am not 100% sure if they are even bringing them in manual. The gear change in the DSG is so quick and seemless, hence reasonably good performance figures. However, the downside of the DSG is that I think it leaves you feeling slightly disconnected from the driving experience.

There is triptronic / paddle shift on the steering wheel which does give you some sort of choice, but manual would also be a nice option to have.

RB One Eight Two
One of these really caught my eye while I was out the other day, look so much better in the flesh, photos don't do it justice.

I love the look of them from the front and back - but side on they are horrid IMO. As others have said, would look much better if it were lower and had wider arches.

Haven't seen one in the flesh yet though, hopefully I'll be converted into fully liking/loving it as theyre well specced (sp)

I love the look of them from the front and back - but side on they are horrid IMO. As others have said, would look much better if it were lower and had wider arches.

Haven't seen one in the flesh yet though, hopefully I'll be converted into fully liking/loving it as theyre well specced (sp)

;) think when you see one in the flesh you will be converted. The ibiza is most definately a bit different looking and I'm not telling porky's when I say that the amount of people who have made a point of actually coming up to me and saying what a lovely looking car it is.

That interior pic is laughable! :p The interiors are very lush, awesome seats (even if they aren't leather) and the whole dash looks and feels very well thought out.

Obviously the one I was talking about is white and as said it is pretty bad in terms of stone chips. Fair to say he doesn't help the situation with his driving style but still quite shocking. His has done less than 5K and is on a 59 plate. In the flesh it looks awesome and a set of lowering springs would finish it nicely imo.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
hmmm i don't know if i like it or not really, the engine sounds interesting though!

7 gears!? Is there any need for 7 really? i never really use 6th unless i'm well over a ton :eek:

That interior pic is laughable! :p The interiors are very lush, awesome seats (even if they aren't leather) and the whole dash looks and feels very well thought out.

Obviously the one I was talking about is white and as said it is pretty bad in terms of stone chips. Fair to say he doesn't help the situation with his driving style but still quite shocking. His has done less than 5K and is on a 59 plate. In the flesh it looks awesome and a set of lowering springs would finish it nicely imo.
I know...did say that the interior pic doesn't do the car justice ;) will sort it out in next day or two!

Agree with Rob...very much like that white / black combo and to be honest, it the car I got hadn't of been effectively an ex-demo, that is the colour scheme i would have ordered...even if there is, from what i hear, about a 6mth waiting list for new cupra's / bocs!

Was just looking at the configuration page on the Seat website. What are the difference between racing brakes and the standard setup? As they're 1100 quid more.

Last edited:

Aye, read that that thread. My understanding of it is that the racing brakes are 4 pots, but the standard pads are not particularly good for racing (as per norm). Therefore the pads would need upgraded for track use. Beyond that, in the thread in question, the individual was running a new remap and other modifications, hence the problems with the 'racing brakes'. (some nice videos in that thread at the start of it). Have to say though, if i was shelling out £1100 for racing brakes, I would be looking for them to be pretty damn good.

The standard brakes are fine for road use and a bit of play. They do bite hard, but I would imagine under prolonged hard driving, brake fade would be inevitable.

WWW.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=265447

Last edited:
ive lurked over on sc an have been very interested in the cupra/fr i will be looking at them

power is nice but you have to know its going to stop id give more consideration into brakes now ive felt brembos on a leon they are impressive

Last edited: