ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I want another Clio. Am I mad?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
The standard answer on CS is buy a phase 1. They are to long in the tooth now..........much rather a Cup/Trophy any day

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The standard answer on CS is buy a phase 1. They are to long in the tooth now..........much rather a Cup/Trophy any day

I much prefer the phase-1s, infinately better to drive than a ph2.

But for a daily, I see where you're coming from.

Megane r26
I wasn't really looking at coils this time because the ride on my old 172 was a bit naff tbh but what was the ride like on the h&r coilovers?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
They are H&R, ste had KW

I've had both, got the KW's now, had H&R on my old 197. H&R's are a bit more compliant on road if i'm being honest

;)

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I'll sell mine for just a Kinder egg tbh. ;)

Steve, mines for sale also in the sale section.

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
Ste, Iv had 3 clios, fiesta ST, Mk1 Focus RS running 300bhp .... gone back to a mint ff 182 last week.. loving it.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Can't beat them for the overall fun factor. Have thought of selling mine a few times, can never seem to do it. Drove a mates ep3, and like you say they are a great overall car but I didn't get out thinking I want to buy one. Shame as it does tick most of the boxes. Good luck with whatever you get. Oh and ph1 FTW lol

Suzuki Swift Sport
I've tried and tried to fall in love with the Civic, but I can't. It just doesn't feel special, and it's not enough fun. I thought that after 4 Clios surely I'd be bored by now, but after numerous new car threads the only conclusion I can come to is to get another Clio.

My only main concern is reliability as I've only ever had nearly new ones, and I don't really want a 200.

Would I be silly swapping a well looked after 2004 Type-R, for a late 182??

Do it! I had a civic and 197s 182s 172 etc! I couldnt get to grips with the civic either, I just found it wasnt satisfying on a b road, I just got frustrated by the narrow power band and dull steering.

I traded the civic against a 55 plate 182 and it felt so nice driving the 182 after the civic! I couldn't believe how much better it was (for me)

Nick

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Buy an M3, then you'll release how much fun proper power, & RWD can be.

Have absolutely no desire to drive the Trophy at the moment, hence why its being put back to standard & stuck in the barn for future use.

ph1 172...a red one
No...Sold my ph1 172 3mths ago and bought a Fabia II vRS.
What a mistake...BANG for buck, nothing else comes near the Clio...sob!

320d
PH1's are the only MK2 Clio I would really want to own. The PH2's down really do it for me, hence why I bought the PH1 last time. That said you can't look past a 182 for their current price for a cheap to run, economical car that has a good spec and is pretty comfortable whilst being hugely fun with a good turn of pace. Reliability is generally good too, nothing hugely expensive to fix, loads of spares available etc.

All in all a pretty attractive option.

Swift Sport
What's the big difference between the mk2 Clios? I've owned a ph2 172 and 182 Cup and they didn't feel particularly different. (I also test-drove a ph1 last weekend :eek:).