ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I want 182 Trophy alloys!

Audi A5
no renault centre caps dont fit the speedline turini's.

your best bet is to keep an eye out on ebay and the forsale section on here their's probably some about if not some will come up before you know it.

also i dont know what the fascination is with trophy turini's their just the same as the cup turini's but have a higher offset so they sit further in the arches?

RB 182 Cup
A scrapyard I know of have a set of four Turini's in silver. How much shall I offer you recon? I am going to start with 60 quid and see how much I can take this piss. It's all going down tamoz!

Audi A5
Sounds like your be getting a good deal if some are available from the scrap yard they won't know what their worth.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
TBH I cant believe you went into a scrap yard, saw a set of turinis and left without them.

I'd have been making an offer there and then if that was me, so rare to find those wheels at a good price.

RB 182 Cup
LOl... I have been busy today and now I will have to ring the scrapyard tamo so roll on Tuesday! It's a northern monkey scrapy so I cannot visit.

BG182FF
also i dont know what the fascination is with trophy turini's their just the same as the cup turini's but have a higher offset so they sit further in the arches?

I always thought the trophy offset meant they sat slightly wider than the cup offset? Which is why i was after a set really. If this is the case then cup alloys for me!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I always thought the trophy offset meant they sat slightly wider than the cup offset? Which is why i was after a set really. If this is the case then cup alloys for me!

Trophy is wider from disk to disk iirc, so the higher offset wheels are to correct that so they don't end up sitting further out.
So 172 cup wheels on a trophy would be widest combination and trophy wheels on the 172 cup would be narrowest.

Hopefully someone can confirm or deny that as I'm not a trophy expert so may have remembered wrong.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Pm austin 182 on here, he's thinking of selling his genuine trophy turinis

RB 182 Cup
So all in all I am getter buying a genuine set of Trophy turinis for my 182 Cup? I have plans to get coilovers etc, strut braces.. a hole set up if you know what i mean? As I want this to happen would I be better of with trophy or cup turinis, or dosen't it matter? Oh and Chris I pm ur matey!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
From a handling point of view, most people seem to prefer these clios to be as wide as possible, so the 172 cup ones are probably a better option, but bare in mind the comments that the rear arches may rub.

RB 182 Cup
From a handling point of view, most people seem to prefer these clios to be as wide as possible, so the 172 cup ones are probably a better option, but bare in mind the comments that the rear arches may rub.

Although the needs to be as wide as poss, as people say. For what I want I am better off for trophy alloys? I do not want the rubbing on the rear geez, so the trophy ones won't do this will they?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Although the needs to be as wide as poss, as people say. For what I want I am better off for trophy alloys? I do not want the rubbing on the rear geez, so the trophy ones won't do this will they?

Trophy ones will fit fine.

Best combation is probably trophy on the rear and 172 cup on the front if anything. lol

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I *almost* feel guilty having a couple of sets of Trophy Turini's stored safely away should I need them... I didn't realise they had been discontinued.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Thought they had to keep spares available for 10 years?

I though that was the case too, for all car manufacturers.

Maybe they are able to sell you an equivalent replacement though, like a set of normal 182 alloys or some weird loophole like that? Ie "its been superseded by part number..."

500 Twinair
Just a note that you'll be needing ET45 Turini's for the 182, so you'll def be needing the trophy turini's. Bide you're time on these, a set will come along.

BG182FF
Trophy is wider from disk to disk iirc, so the higher offset wheels are to correct that so they don't end up sitting further out.
So 172 cup wheels on a trophy would be widest combination and trophy wheels on the 172 cup would be narrowest.

Hopefully someone can confirm or deny that as I'm not a trophy expert so may have remembered wrong.

So would a 182 with trophy alloys be slightly narrower wheel to wheel than the trophy with trophy alloys?

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Just a note that you'll be needing ET45 Turini's for the 182, so you'll def be needing the trophy turini's. Bide you're time on these, a set will come along.

So based on this info if i were to order 16" aftermarket alloy wheels for my lowered 182 i'd have to make sure they were also ET43??

I then assume that the OE anthracite 182 alloys are also ET43??