ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I require 182 exhaustings advice

Arctic 182
On my last service i was told that my exhaust is nearing the end of its life so i need a replacement.

Now the two i think i've narrowed it down to are JP/Yozza and the RS192. I've looked at video's for both and i think i prefer the sound of the Yozza, although im worried about just how loud it is as its hard to tell from a video. I don't want to look like a bellend driving around with a chavvy sounding exhaust.

So which is best? Any differences in performance or weight?

What are peoples thoughts on the KTR/Janspeed exhaust in comparison?

Also i can't seem to find the JP Racing exhaust on the K-Tec website?

P.s. i have searched but i get an error if i tey to go onto the 2nd page of a search on this forum.

Sean

225 Cup & Williams
Yozza/JP is loud tbh anyone that says there not has obviously gone deaf from having one fitted to there car. Probably the best fitting exhaust for 1*2's though.

E36 M3. 182
Ive got a piper, fits nice and although its clearly not a stock sound, with a cat its only really loud when your giving it some...

Arctic 182
Ive got a piper, fits nice and although its clearly not a stock sound, with a cat its only really loud when your giving it some...

Where can you get this from? Any pictures?

I wouldn't put a yozza/jp on a standard'ish daily driver. The BTB 182 exhaust looks nice.

Just looked done some googling on the BTB, £800 is way out of my budget lol. The girlfriend would kill me whilst i sleep

ph1 172
My old original Yozza and silenced decat

A rather rubbish video of my Milltek with a silenced decat.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16747306@N07/6912099968/

The Milltek is a system that you can live with even without a cat. On that day mine blew 88db @ 5300rpm. Yozza was ridiculously loud even with a silenced decat, and IMO only ever sounded good once under load and at full chat. Milltek is a happy medium.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Arctic 182
yozza was my preferred option to be honest but i dont think k-tec are stocking it anymore from what i can see.

also before i make a purchase is it advisable to buy some new mounts?

Arctic 182
My old original Yozza and silenced decat

A rather rubbish video of my Milltek with a silenced decat.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16747306@N07/6912099968/

The Milltek is a system that you can live with even without a cat. On that day mine blew 88db @ 5300rpm. Yozza was ridiculously loud even with a silenced decat, and IMO only ever sounded good once under load and at full chat. Milltek is a happy medium.

you had any issues with yours as ive heard the build quality isnt this great. how do these shape up in comparison to the rs192?

Last edited by a moderator:
  ph1 172
I heard issues of old too so I bought mine new last year so I have the lifetime warranty and have had no problems at all so would assume that they have sorted them.

No idea about comparing the Milltek to the Scorpion as I haven't heard one.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
JP = LOUD!!!
RS192 = Fits like a sack of arse. rather have powerflow :dead:
Miltek = CRACK!!!!!!!!!! (i've welded up countless boxes and hangers)
Piper = Amazeballs
Janspeed/K-tec = Great budget option, center silenced version (sport) is the closest you'll get to standard noise levels

williams and trophy
i had ktec/yozza on, sounded pretty good tbh. have now got rs192 fitted, fitting wasnt bad, even on the driveway, it isnt lined up 100% but by time id got it on somewhere near id had enough of laying on the cold flags tbh lol. 10 mins on a ramp and itl be sweet tho. sounds like a wet fart though. cant hear it til im past 3k revs. even the kids hate it, they say its too quiet.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
i would suggest mine as it has a really nice raspy sound from about 3k, but i dont know what make it is and no one could identify it :s

Yozza/JP is loud tbh anyone that says there not has obviously gone deaf from having one fitted to there car. Probably the best fitting exhaust for 1*2's though.

The Yozza is not loud, louder than standard but far from being properly loud. I've had countless exhausts over the years on various cars and the yozzas I've heard weren't anywhere near the loudest by a long shot.

Arctic 182
When you say not one of your favourites do you mean in the Ktec range or are you talking about all the different brands of exhaust.

I chose this one mainly due to the price but also i think it looks good and in the videos ive seen it sounds pretty good aswell.

I was going to go for the Yozza but it just seems too loud for me

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
My JP/Yozza with a cat isn't loud when hot. When cold yes it's pretty loud! But when it's hot it's silent on tick over from in the car, and only really loud when giving it the beans.

EDIT: should have read the full page I see you've bought a Ultra performance. I nearly got one of them. They look very nice!

Titanium Clio 182
Make sure that when yours has been on over 3 years, it's still this clean, like mine :) *slight OCD* ....
cleanexhaust2.jpg

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
When you say not one of your favourites do you mean in the Ktec range or are you talking about all the different brands of exhaust.

Both really. I Prefer the Janspeed branded systems to the Ultra range. there's nothing wrong with what you've chosen though

Audi A5
I don't know how people can say the rs192 isen't loud, I put one on my old 182 and sitting in the back you can't here yourself think. And no it Wasent blowing as I did check. But it did have all the sound deadening tar taken out from when it was stripped out but its got all the interior back in wen the rs192 was fitted so I dident think that would make much difference...