ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I.R. Detailer

Just bought £150 worth of cleaning lotions and alien-skin towels. Jaws' semen. Solid rocket booster resistant wheel sealant. A few other bits. I actually lolled at "detailing swabs". FPMSL. No. I didn't buy those.

Dear god. What have I done? Blame Gally IMO :dead:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
<3

I nearly pissed myself when you pm'd about that Clay!

Woah easy. Backup. Let us not distort the truth. As you know, there was a valid reason for me needing to clay my heap.

It is good stuff though :eek:

Woah easy. Backup. Let us not distort the truth. As you know, there was a valid reason for me needing to clay my heap.

It is good stuff though :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh yes iirc there was, you are now R Detailer.

How's Roy's Shed? I'm yet to see esploding wheels.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Detailing is for Fags and Eastern European's.

Gally you don't look very Eastern European.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I did it this morning mate just getting round to the paint materials! Ahem!

I hope you're sitting down.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
^ Sooper dooper brake pads ?

I FLOL'd a lot when I saw detailing swabs for the first time. And again on DW when people take pictures of themselves using them... They're about 75p for 200 in Asda or £5 for 10 on detailing websites (yes yes, I know they're not exactly the same thing...)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They aren't the same thing you're right. A cotton bud won't fit the same as the swabs. So sometimes they are required, when someone is paying you £000's to detail their car would you be happy with polish residue in your badges?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
They aren't the same thing you're right. A cotton bud won't fit the same as the swabs. So sometimes they are required, when someone is paying you £000's to detail their car would you be happy with polish residue in your badges?

Absolutley right .. sometimes I'm sure they are required, but my <£3k Clio is never going to be subjected to the luxury of a £000's detailing pampering ;)

If it was my Zonda however, I'd want it washed with unicorn tears and clay made from unobtainium :eek:

One thing I have noticed with this detailing malarky, is that the car stays a lot cleaner for a lot longer. s**t just falls off, or never sticks.

Ironically, for someone like me who doesn't like washing cars, it's worth the effort maybe a few times a year.

I.R. Convert.

That's what I just said.

I notice it just touching the car. The doorhandles now feel uber slick even when it's dry. Mental.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
That's what I just said.

I notice it just touching the car. The doorhandles now feel uber slick even when it's dry. Mental.

It is an oddly nice feeling. Need to clean le fugly actually. I'll be drying using a narwhale placenta.

So basically I admit that I have always been wrong on this subject. I have seen the light. There are genuine benefits to spending time, and the cost of quality products on a car, even to those who hate washing cars! In fact almost especially to those types! I am aware that it's a slippery slope though. Beading just caught my eye on the drive. Someone please kill me ;)

It is an oddly nice feeling. Need to clean le fugly actually. I'll be drying using a narwhale placenta.

LOL. I will never grow to like the front end of the 200, but I respect it too much as a car to let it influence my thoughts on it. I would own one. White. Anthracite. Born trippy SGR201112 Spec B ;)

I run W7 on my 13" MBP and on my games PC. It's s**t in comparison to OSX in every possible regard. Business, and games, deem it necessary, respectively.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You need some Iron x and some Werkstat now you penile.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
How did I miss this. Jeez Roy, what the hell?

Does this mean you are going to be a pic ***** now too?

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Iron X is the made from 100% donkey bile. It is for your wheel nut threads. Nowhere else.