ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I love Bell!

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Currently I'm with Direct Line on my own with 1 years no claims and pass plus, paying £1050 a year fully comp with my mods (alloys, induction kit, springs) not delcared. Just got a quote from Bell for the 10 month accelerator with my mods declared and my mum on the policy for £860.....result! Means I have to pay a fee to Direct Line to cancel my policy, but will be better in the long run!

Except you are only getting 10 months insurance (860/10=£86) rather than 12 (1050/12=£87.50) so effectively £1.50 a month cheaper. Would advise checking that the accelerator NCD is transferrable on completion. Ie will they provide proof of "1 yrs ncd" or will it say "10 months". A lot of accelerators will only be acceptible as proof of 1yr when you remain with the company it was earnt with..

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
yeah i realised that, but i get my no claims quicker and get my mods insured.

i know it's transferrable between the bell group (bell, admiral, elephant etc) but don't know about other companies.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
benefiting to getting older. £800ish for the vee! With admiral...Same family as bell and elephant.

Worth checking otherwise they have you over a barrel when it comes to renewal time. As for getting the mods insured, if they weren't before, then that makes it far more worth while ;)

Works...kind of...
A lot of accelerators will only be acceptible as proof of 1yr when you remain with the company it was earnt with..

Indeed, it's a false economy as these people will up the renewal policy next year knowing that if you went with anyone else it wouldn't be classed as a full NCB. :(

I found Bell to be expensive. All mods declared they wanted £505, Adrian Flux quoted me £270.

So no, I don't love Bell. ;)

R27, JCW GP, M4, M2
Bell give you 1 year ncb with the 10 month policy so aint false economy really if your a young drver.

Works...kind of...
Bell give you 1 year ncb with the 10 month policy so aint false economy really if your a young drver.

But it's only classed as 1 NCB by them and their subsideries. Because of this, they'll up the renewal premium knowing they've got you by the balls.

Go to any other insurer and they'll say only a full 12 month policy will class it as a NCB.