ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I kicked a Skyline's ass...

172 Race Car
Lol, it all explained at the briefings, unless its a car show like fcs then no one pays attention to the rules

172, Tiguan
Was an enjoyable day yesterday Mark. The Skyline was a single turbo thing. The etiquette was pretty good yesterday and it was a great trackday to be on. I think Mark picked a good day for it.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
wished id stayed now went up early wen u wer having ur driver briefing had a mooch about. how was that cossie 3 door, bet that thing flew round?

200bhp 172 cup
Great vid and good driving mate! your vids on youtube make me laugh tho are those gloves glued to your hands??

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
240 bhp and 1400kg's (180bhp per tonne) against a 200bhp per tonne Clio with a very good driver. No contest.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
proper driving!

if you do track time at french car show or the like,, let me jump in with ya for a lap!??

No problem...should be there this year.

What tyres are you running? I presume they are semi's.... Have you driven with a number of different types and brands of and which are your favourite.

This time out I had Dunlop D01Js on the front, and Yoko A048s on the back. Only got experience of them and Yoko A032s as well. My favourites are the A32s, but only because I got them as 205s not 195s.

wished id stayed now went up early wen u wer having ur driver briefing had a mooch about. how was that cossie 3 door, bet that thing flew round?

It barely moved, no idea what the driver was doing...didn't even go down the straights.

'incident' video please. lol

Finally up...

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=403254

Thanks for everyones comments :eek:

TrackCar & F30 330d
I thought it was gona be one of them threads where someones says they beat a supercar in their clio but actually the supercar was reversing or something.

Not in this cast, wicked driving mate, very impresed :)

Clio 172
just seen the vid n not knockin ur drivin cuz u got good skills but its pretty obvious to me that the skyline let u pass, he even had his indicator on! nxt time tell him to make it more realistic n not indicator or slow down!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
just seen the vid n not knockin ur drivin cuz u got good skills but its pretty obvious to me that the skyline let u pass, he even had his indicator on! nxt time tell him to make it more realistic n not indicator or slow down!

That's how it works on trackdays.

Over the course of a lap I closed up 2 seconds on him despite easing off in several places.

That's why he let me pass.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Haha iz dat cus da skyline iz well fast?

See my post boon..lol! Mark CAN drive very well plus bhp per tonne makes this understandable.

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
Haha iz dat cus da skyline iz well fast?

See my post boon..lol! Mark CAN drive very well plus bhp per tonne makes this understandable.

Lol at cliorsi_18 he clearly has no clue to whats going on and has been spending far to long on the crack pipe !lol

Nice driving Mark keep up the good work.

nice vid as always.
My cars about to hit the track at combe 3rd april for the first time since october last year, its had a 50% rise in bhp and a 90% rise in torque up to 300 bhp and 340ftlb respectively and weighs about a ton now with roll cage fitted...should be fun,lol.

Dave

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
nice vid as always.
My cars about to hit the track at combe 3rd april for the first time since october last year, its had a 50% rise in bhp and a 90% rise in torque up to 300 bhp and 340ftlb respectively and weighs about a ton now with roll cage fitted...should be fun,lol.

Dave

LOL

Nutter.

I'm hoping to get to Combe before July this year...I'll let you know when.

Hello Mark, im going with track masters ,theres still space, i can get you details if you want to attend.
Yeah i outed my KV6 engine and Reyland motorsport dropped me in an audi tt 1.8t 225 turbo lump, with a purpose made adaptor plate it mounts straight to my uprated o.e PG1 gearbox with quaife lsd.
I had full 3 inch turbo back exhaust, fmic, standalone ecu and hybrid k04 turbo and it made them figures. Its rather lively, infact midrange its 130 bhp up on my KV6!!!
I was worried it could compromise track manners but as of yet it looks very promising.
Little video i did, 30-90 3rd gear pull, takes 6.3 seconds but that includes a change to 4th that i need not have done as it pulls over 90 in 3rd, so high 5's would be about right, vid looks very relaxed but its fighting for traction from 40 to 50 mph.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCxUZdWruuk

Dave

53 Clio's & counting
let me know whe nyour going guys, im only 8 miles down the road from combe and i need some track time

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Hello Mark, im going with track masters ,theres still space, i can get you details if you want to attend.
Yeah i outed my KV6 engine and Reyland motorsport dropped me in an audi tt 1.8t 225 turbo lump, with a purpose made adaptor plate it mounts straight to my uprated o.e PG1 gearbox with quaife lsd.
I had full 3 inch turbo back exhaust, fmic, standalone ecu and hybrid k04 turbo and it made them figures. Its rather lively, infact midrange its 130 bhp up on my KV6!!!
I was worried it could compromise track manners but as of yet it looks very promising.
Little video i did, 30-90 3rd gear pull, takes 6.3 seconds but that includes a change to 4th that i need not have done as it pulls over 90 in 3rd, so high 5's would be about right, vid looks very relaxed but its fighting for traction from 40 to 50 mph.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCxUZdWruuk

Dave

That sounds extreme - especially with all that turbo torque! Must be quite a different beast to drive?

3rd of April's out for me...take my daughter swimming every friday afternoon :(

Any other days planned so far for this year? My trackday diary's clear at the moment...I just have to take whatever I can find at short notice when I know I can get away.

yeah its a different drive alright, "mental" about sums it up,lmao

nah nothing else planned yet, would like to drive the new donington f1 layout mind.

Dave

172 Race Car
dave b, i was at Oulton back late last year and ws chatting to a mate of yours with a ZS, heard about the engine swap

astra coupe on coilovers
sorry track expert ;)

^^^^lmao^^^
Thats what happens on track , you arent allowed to race so when a faster car comes up behind a slower one the rules say they have to slow down and let you past.
If the skyline was quicker mark wouldnt have caught it up in the first place would he !.

dave b, i was at Oulton back late last year and ws chatting to a mate of yours with a ZS, heard about the engine swap

aaah i know who you mean, was it a blue saloon , stripped out running on 888's?
Its a quick car ill bet he was going well wasnt he !

Dave

172 Race Car
aaah i know who you mean, was it a blue saloon , stripped out running on 888's?
Its a quick car ill bet he was going well wasnt he !

Dave
Thats him, cant remember his name, i had a ride in it, yea it was an impressive 'Rover' ;) Nice guy too

little vid of my day at combe , watch on HQ, enlarge the screen and turn up the sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i-bCuNCAJ0

the last lap on this video was my quickest of the day at 1.18.8 but it contains a monumental error at the 1st chicane, i braked too late and understeered in badly still on the brakes and had to cut the corner very tight just to make it through you can hear stones being flicked up and watch how much my mate closed back up on me....same guy we mentioned in previous posts.

I was hoping to go quicker as i pulled 1.19.6 with my kv6 engine and now i have 50% more power with my turbo motor but i have to admit i soon found myself a little out of my depth.....301 bhp in a front drive car weighing under a ton is seriously rapid and it was intimidating, the speeds i was arriving at corners were much higher than they used to be so all my braking points changed, throttle control exiting corners was another massive challenge, slightly too much throttle exiting and even with the quaife the car just went straight on, tbh it was like driving a new car on a new track and i dont mind admitting i struggled to get to grips with it.
The morning was a massive learning curve but by mid afto i was starting to find some confidence and some performance, i started to get some lines and rythmn going but never really found the groove if you know what i mean.
I was braking way too early all day, at the time i didnt think i was but watching my vids from last year i can see a real difference, i think it was just the speeds the car was pulling that were making me a bit nervous.
My kv6 used to pull 118-119 at combe up towards avon rise, now it was pulling 131-132 which considering how long 5th gear takes to accelerate at them kind of speeds is a a massive gain, it outdragged everything i came across in a straight line all day, pulled past m3 csl's pretty easily tbh and despite me wanting more lap time from it, it was still the quickest car round a lap all day afaik.
I have some ideas to improve but tbh really i just need some hours in the seat i think, all in all i have to be happy, brand new conversion only one in the world on its very first track day and it did 400 miles faultlessly with 100 of them being at high revs on the track.

vid from very first session of the day using playing with an evo 9 lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S17VU-u71iU&feature=related

Dave

Last edited: