ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I don't get it, what is this guy selling?

57 Clio Campus Sport
Basically iPhone OS 4.0 has found it's way onto torrents/warez but you can only actually use the upgrade if your iPhone UDID (Unique ID number) is registered as a developer iPhone. You can get developer account for something like £59 and can register 99/100 iPhones on it. So he has paid £59 and now selling the other 99 places for £3 trying to make a profit.

It seems like quite a few people have had the idea. I think there is someone doing them for £2.27 at the moment from US.

Megane
Thanks for the information

Well, for someone who relies on their iPhone to be contacted by others etc, I think maybe it is worth steering clear from a beta OS!?

57 Clio Campus Sport
It is supposed to be pretty stable already but i'm not doing it because I like thieving from App developers

The other problem with buying from a random off eBay is that if he sells 100 spots, he could just delete you from the list to clear room to sell more

Last edited:
  57 Clio Campus Sport
Where would you download 4.0 from? And how would you get it on the phone?

Google it. Not that hard to find. Can use shift update to load whatever firmware you want. I think a couple of people have done it in the 4.0 event thread near the end. On one of the eBay items it says Mac Only but I'm not 100% sure if that's true. So maybe check with the people that did it.

I guess if you were a real developer for iPhone apps you would have a mac