ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I.C.E £200 - £250 to spend

Ex Ph-Quick
Can anyone help me i'm clueless when it comes to ICE can anyone help me piece so bits together for a nice sounding system.

I have a Pioneer DEH-P8400MP headunit already so need the other bits.

All help welcome

cheers

Eski

RS Clio 200
a whole system for 250 quid? LOL

ure better off putting the money into savings... ICE just slows ure car down and perforates your eardrums... also send out the message that you like burbery and had a kid at age 14.

Coiley'd Clio PH2
lol!

I reckon it could be done, if you already have the headunit.

Get yourself some good quality front door components. Coaxials for the rear door speakers and maybe a sub if you want some good bass.

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
ICE just slows ure car down and perforates your eardrums... also send out the message that you like burbery and had a kid at age 14.

HHAHAHA couldn't of put it better meself pal :rasp:

All ya need to do is uprate the spaekers. I've do this with some Pheonix Gold components and its plenty loud (with out the chav sound lol). If you want a decent set thou look to pay around the £150 mark.

Jaff

Monaro VXR
I dont understand this whole it weights the car down and hurts performance thing.

Its a small sub and a replacement set of speakers half the time. Its not some f**king club sound system thats the same size as the sodding car. Its a few extra pounds of weight. Its just not gonna be noticeable the acceleration differences.

And for the amount of time spent in the car id prefer to listen to music with some good sound quality compared to the crap tinny farty sounding stock speakers.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I have a full boot in the dci and honestly havent noticed much differnce from having standard set up or my old install sub-box & amp :)

Lots of people I know who have "sports cars" don't like ICE as much as pople in "everyday cars" would.
One man's heaven is another man's hell - can't please everyone

As said above, for £250 you could make a massive improvement to your setup with a good set of components in the front and a suitable wiring kit to handle them :)

Also worth considering - relocate your tweeters to the A-Pillars, gives awesome improvements to your soundstage.

"Navy" N17 TWO
In my experinece this site is very cheap ; www.caraudiosecurity.com
It all depneds whether you want to go for like amazing sounding stuff becuase on thtat site for example a jbl sub, 4 channel amp, and 2 6x9's are only bout £150, not bad IMO?

That's a good site, but without intending any offense I would advise aganst 6x9s.
To cut a long story short, decent components in the front first (with proper wiring to replace the Renault spaggetti) and then add a subtle wee sub/amp if you have spare cash :)

You have already got an aftermarket HU in so a good set of comps will make all the difference for you. I would forget the rear speakers until you upgrade the rest

Trev

Yer ure right, peopel sometimes forget bout replacing the standard speakrs, put in an amp/sub/6x9's and then wonder why their system doesnt sound any good at high volumes! Defo replace the stock speakers at the same time!!:cool: