ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hypothetically lowering my 1.2 mk2.

1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup
Wanting to lower my clio; as it is currently looking awfully high up.
At the moment, it's sitting on 17" Turinis, as opposed to the standard 14's or 15's that come with a Dynamique.
Though for one, I don't want scrubbing at all. Does anyone have any rough estimations that I could get away with in terms of mm?
It has all the arch liners currently in, and at the moment has the standard wings (Ill get onto the 172 wings soon, not sure if that will make a difference)

Im also curious to how it's going to effect how comfortable the ride is, am I going to feel every bump in the road?

Thanks for your time!

Clio 1.2
Was just about to ask the same question aha! Apart from I'm sitting on 14's atm :( How low can you go without having to change the struts, ie just changing the springs?

I had mine lowered just on some 60mm spaxx springs for about 5 months... inevitably, the shocks went and now i have coilovers. Mines sitting roughly 75mm front 70mm rear, but its on 15's. Sam, you have any pics of yours on the 17's? interested in seeing what it looks like :) and an answer to your question, my mate for his first car had a clio on 17's and had 35mm springs on it. Looked low purely because there was no arch gap. He said it'd scrub with a car full, but was otherwise fine.

work for BMW
dont know if anyone can help me as well, my mark2 phase2 is lowered on ebiach sportlines and im considering 16" turinis, they are obviously wider offset then the standard wheels so will i get any problems with rubbing?

1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup
Looks like I'm not alone then!
Sam, you have any pics of yours on the 17's? interested in seeing what it looks like

I'll chuck a few up for you tomorrow, I realise today that I havent added any of that to my thread either, so you can count on a few tomorrow. :)

Looks like I'm not alone then!

I'll chuck a few up for you tomorrow, I realise today that I havent added any of that to my thread either, so you can count on a few tomorrow. :)

Sweet cheers :) But yes mate, 35mm springs may be your best bet. Funnily enough the coilovers I brought were off of a guy who had it setup perfectly for his which was on 17's. The adjuster was nearly at the top! You won't be able to lower much unfortunately, that's why I prefer smaller wheels and slamming it ;)

1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup
As promised :
IMG_6124.jpg

Looks nice, still prefer smaller wheels though i think :eek: each to their own though! god i'd love a set of those wheels.. how much did they cost you? definatly needs lowering :p

1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup
Looks nice, still prefer smaller wheels though i think :eek: each to their own though! god i'd love a set of those wheels.. how much did they cost you? definatly needs lowering :p

Cheers man, they cost me around the tune of 500. Not a bad price either. Someone off of here, can't remember his name for the life of me though.
Shame it's only a 1.2, can't wait to whack em on a 172 of my own.
I will lower, just when I get enough info to assure no scrubbing :p

Fair enough, yeah not a bad price that at all! Are you after just some springs or a set of coilovers? springs, 35mm would probably do you tbh... whereas if you're after coillies just buy them and then play around with the height once fitted :)

1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup
Fair enough, yeah not a bad price that at all! Are you after just some springs or a set of coilovers? springs, 35mm would probably do you tbh... whereas if you're after coillies just buy them and then play around with the height once fitted :)

Coilovers most likely, more potential that way, Springs seem too limiting. Though how comfortable my ride is, is a big factor towards what I'm going to do.

Coilovers most likely, more potential that way, Springs seem too limiting. Though how comfortable my ride is, is a big factor towards what I'm going to do.

Yeah id suggest coilovers. Ive done the spring route, didnt end well.. now on coillies. The ride i cant really tell you about to be fair.. mines so low i can almost feel every bump in the road :L but i dont care. Im not an old man with a bad back, it doesnt bother me. Also it makes the car feel quicker. Feels almost like a little go kart because of the ride :p But nah seriously.. its fine on decent roads, on bad roads it can be a little annoying but it dont matter. Keep an eye out for a set of coillies and if you decide you arent happy with them, sell on :)