ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HYDRO 2 TALK TO ME ?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Done searchs and seen youtube demos but wonder who on here has used and there honest opinions ?
Whats best prep ?
can you wax on top of it and is it not needed etc
Whats the durability like and does it really work as easy as shown on all surfaces ?
Sounds to good to be true !

Last edited:
I've used it, as far as I remember it lasted for a good few months, don't remember exactly how long.

Best bit was application, so easy to use! I didn't bother putting anything on top of it, but for prep had the usual wash and clay etc.

Tempted to use it again instead of this CQUK I have, as I f**ked up the application and don't want to mess it up again lol.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The basics. Wash car. Mix 4:1 or whatever with water, Spray on hydro using a decent spray bottle... Imo the demon shine and rapid dirt shifter bottle have a great spray. on to the wet car, don't leave in sun and remove using a pressure washer quickly. Give the car a really good pressure wash make sure it completely removes any excess Hydro.

You can use it like a spray sealant also but it's trick is use when the car is wet.

You could glaze/polish the car and then wet it for Hyrdo! It looks great! It'll last 2-3 months.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Honestly guys i'd be shocked if you were disappointed by it. I know it sounds like it's promising the world but it's not.

It's ideal even if your LSP is failing and you don't have time or means to go over the full car. Wash, spray, PW off. Re-protected.

Honestly guys i'd be shocked if you were disappointed by it. I know it sounds like it's promising the world but it's not.

It's ideal even if your LSP is failing and you don't have time or means to go over the full car. Wash, spray, PW off. Re-protected.

Agreed, its so easy to use and the results are amazing.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Thanks Guys :approve:
does car have to be iron x clayed also before every application or is this not nessesary ? any shampoos to avoid using before application ?
Do you just spray on windows and wheels same as paintwork same dilution ?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
How much is needed for a full car? Tempted to do a friends 5 series in it. Will 100ml bottle be enough?

How much is needed for a full car? Tempted to do a friends 5 series in it. Will 100ml bottle be enough?

Definitely, cant remember how many times mine was applied but I still have around 1/3 left of the 100ml bottle!

It's diluted 1:4 so you get a decent amount from it - so as Gally says if you have a good sprayer you won't really use that much.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
My 100ml diluted 4:1 from memory did a few cars. Depends on the sprayer/bottle and how you use it. Don't go overboard.

You can clay/IX etc etc before hand if you wish. I've used it on a car with tar and sap etc as a trial. Never been detailed and it performed as it usually would. I did try to get a video of my own car with Hydro on it after 2 months and covered in dust but my iPhone is s**t and ruined the video.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Cheers guys, i'll order a 100ml one and a decent sprayer if there's one on elite car care.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
My 100ml diluted 4:1 from memory did a few cars. Depends on the sprayer/bottle and how you use it. Don't go overboard.

You can clay/IX etc etc before hand if you wish. I've used it on a car with tar and sap etc as a trial. Never been detailed and it performed as it usually would. I did try to get a video of my own car with Hydro on it after 2 months and covered in dust but my iPhone is s**t and ruined the video.

lol get a proper phone lol ! ;) Cheers mate

If your not using a polish then use IPA/Eraser to clean the paintwork before hand give it a good base to stick to.

Great stuff.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Just used hydro2, so easy to apply and works straight away.

Really like it and I've used about 1/3rd of a bottle

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Been using this on the daily hack for a few weeks now very impressive. I have used it over previous waxs and it seems to stick just fine so far so pretty impressed.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Mines still going strong, had a few washes and been on almost 2 months now

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'll grab pics later, still not washed it, still beading well on the bonnet. I think it may have lasted longer as it was applied via MF to a damp car for trialling.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Mix it roughly 3:1 in a decent spray bottle.

RB Clio 182
So after washing and rinsing the car(not drying) you simply mix the hydo 3:1ish in a spray bottle, then cover the entire car while still wet, then spray off, then towel dry?

How long do you leave it on before spraying off?

Can you wipe the hydro mix over the car to get a better coverage after you have sprayed it on?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Pressure rinse it off ASAP and ensure you remove it completely otherwise it can leave traces on the panel. Seen it happen with gyeon wetcoat as well, but not with nanolex washcoat

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Is it best to do it panel by panel, rather than the whole car at once?

Im gonna give it a go on my dads A3

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Used this for the first time a couple of days ago, It just doesn't make sense... I was genuinely so impressed by it.

Perfect product to throw on the Missus' car whilst she's away at uni.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Just used it on my own car, Spray and wipe with a damp MF and pressure wash off.

Once I'd rinsed it all I filled up a watering can with rain water and it just glided off... Genuinely hardly left a drop in some panels [emoji1]

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I had a layer or 2 of DJ Purple Haze but water behaviours was beginning to fade so thought I'd quickly stick it on..... Just need to seal the glass with GT G1 and I'm winter ready :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Seriously it's still beading after all this time. Grab some pictures when it rains again.