ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hub swap?

Does anyone have any idea if any tutorials exist swapping the front hubs & suspension components from a 8v to a 16v clio?
Also how long would this take roughly for the shocks, hub, pads/discs etc to be swapped over for both sides on each car? One will be going to the scrappy anyway hence the swap.

Thanks in advance :)

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Not sure about dimension changes in the 8v to 16v components but I did all that work a few weeks ago on my 1.2 16v clio and it was pretty easy. All the work took me 3-4 days to do mine but that was mostly with pissing about spray painting stuff, plus it all depends on how stubborn some of the bolts are, if i look at a bolt and it looks like a nightmare i don't even attempt to undo it just pull the dremel or angle grinder out.

I highly recommend a refresh on suspension and brakes, mine feels like a new car. shiny goodness :smile:
brake01.jpg