ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hub nut wont go back on

Volantech CC Panels
Cut a long story a bit shorter, attempting to change ball joints and my passenger side driveshaft came out, spilling the gearbox oil everywhere, then I put it all back together, put another 3L of gearbox oil in and turns out the gaiter wasn't on properly gearbox side so it spilt another 3L of oil everywhere. So i took the driveshaft completely off and put the gaiter back on properly, put it all back together and now the hub nut won't go back on, my mistake, I did hit the end with a hammer to get it out, which has probably bent the first thread.

My next options are to either - put it all back together and drive extremely slowly about 300m to the closest garage to air gun the nut on or spend even more money and buy another driveshaft, which I can't really afford.

Is there any way i can get this nut on without air gunning it? Or am i better off buying another driveshaft?

dan's cast offs.
just get a thread file on it or if it is only a bit of the first thread you should be able to get away with filing it flat with a fine file.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
If the threads damaged you need to cut out the section of damaged thread but personally I'd replace the whole shaft. It's bad enough when the nut gets stuck on with age. It must be a nightmare when cross threaded, let alone with missing thread sections