ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hub diffrences between phase 1 and phase 2 172

right guys
im gonna guess there is no difference but you never know.
basically i got a set of spare hubs for my 172 cup so i bought a pair of clio 172 front hubs they came today and are marked up as phase1
i just wondered if there were any diffrences between the phase1 and phase 2 hubs

thanks

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
No..they have different bolt spacing for the shocks. Cup hubs are 60mm, 54mm for phase 1.

#usethesearchfunction :wink:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
No..they have different bolt spacing for the shocks. Cup hubs are 60mm, 54mm for phase 1.

#usethesearchfunction :wink:

Nope, 182 cup hubs are 60mm, as are trophy hubs.
Phase 1 and phase 2 hubs have the same bolt spacing. I have a feeling the 172 cup may have a different bearing in them but can't quite remember off the top of my head.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Nope, 182 cup hubs are 60mm, as are trophy hubs.
Phase 1 and phase 2 hubs have the same bolt spacing. I have a feeling the 172 cup may have a different bearing in them but can't quite remember off the top of my head.
Has he not said he has 172 cup hubs ? I thought 172 cup hubs had 60mm ? 182 cup hubs have a bigger bearing.

PH2 172
right guys
im gonna guess there is no difference but you never know.
basically i got a set of spare hubs for my 172 cup so i bought a pair of clio 172 front hubs they came today and are marked up as phase1
i just wondered if there were any diffrences between the phase1 and phase 2 hubs

thanks

All Ph1 & 2 172/182`s including 172 cups share the same front hubs (knuckle) part no 8200 171 673 left & 8200 171 678 right.
The exception is the 182 with cup pack,8200 437 031 left & 8200 437 032 right.

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Wheel bearing will indeed be the same. If you are after SKF bearings, the part number is SKF VKBA 3596

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
In my opinion yes. I have a hydraulic press and fit my own bearings, fitted lucas and destroyed them in 2000 miles (although my car is used on road rallies and autosolos etc). The hub nut was undone, but I know I torqued it correctly and loctited it appropriately, so I can only assume there was some break down of the bearing case itself. When I pressed it out, the outer race came out in two pieces too. The SKF ones are still going strong after 7000 miles, no noises at all. I paid £36.60 for the SKF bearing and £17 for the Lucas (only reason I got lucas was because I needed it at very short notice). It's one of those buy cheap buy twice things I think. If you're selling the car by all means fit lucas, but otherwise I would go SKF. I also highly recommend the SKF bearings for anything, I am an engineering student, and a lot of the lecturers say SKF are very high quality indeed.