ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HT leads...... Baragin?

derv biege barge
Are these a bargain or is it a case of get what you pay for? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8MM-RED-S...arParts_SM&hash=item1c2b3a7858#ht_2899wt_1163

Has anyone used these? If so were they a comfortable fit?

I bought a cheaper set off ebay a couple of weeks ago, terrible fitment. Only 1 out of 4 leads would click into place on the spark plug, so got my money back and want to get a new set.

Any help is always appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I very much doubt they are as good as the gen renault ones, but they probably are good enough to last a couple of years if you want something cheap and pretty.

Personally I would just pay the extra for magnecore though.

derv biege barge
Yes Magnecor are three times the price though, lot of money to pay for something that will probably make no difference, just want to replace the 8 year old ones with something newer.

Just wondering if anyone has a set and can state if they are good or garbage?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
8 year old gen renualt ones typically still work perfectly TBH, no need to replace unless you are just doing it for looks?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
They do finish the bay off nicely having some good looking leads I reckon.

This is my mrs 172 with magnecores:

5ec7a29c.jpg

derv biege barge
Just doing a service and thought they would compliment my new spark plugs.

Cheers Matt e just what the spendthrift side of me wanted to hear.

Nice pic chip wish I had those Itb's over the leads though.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Its not ITBs, its an RS2 plenum with a single throttle still, you can see the throttle just to the right of the plenum.
Means you get a lot of the gains of ITBs, but without losing the functionality of the standard ecu, so a nice option for a daily driver which is what hers is although she does maybe 10-15 or so trackdays a year in it too at the moment so its a good compromise for both.

I've got the exact ones that you linked to on ebay - work fine

I must admit I thought I was buying magnecor but I'd had a bottle of JD and it was a bit of an ebay fail lol
They work fine though

Evo 5 RS
I like how they state the diameter of the cable rather than just the conductor lol. Still if they work they work, standard ones are fine - they just look s**t

LOL Yeah failed me way too many times. I make sure I'm no-where near my laptop when I drink now. Had way too many random "bargains" appear that I don't remember buying lol

derv biege barge
Quick update:

Just done oil change, filter and plugs. I can confirm that the HT leads above are a good fit and well worth the money, plus they look good too.

Well happy for the money.

clio 182
Quick update:

Just done oil change, filter and plugs. I can confirm that the HT leads above are a good fit and well worth the money, plus they look good too.

Well happy for the money.

Old post but I gathered you got the red 8mm HT leads off eBay? Still had no issues with them?