ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HP Elitepad, iPad retired. Oh no wait..iPad back.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Apple fanboy = someone that used apple products before you.

Hardly. More like someone who will not take 1% criticism of Bitten Fruit products. Every make and model of device has pros & cons - but some devout Apple fans are beyond comprehension. I know one who even 'collects' the opaque Apple stickers from every device, ffs.... ;)

D.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
LOL. I'm not that bad.

Can only think of one bad product in the current line up and that's the Time Capsule.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Apple fanboy = malleable in the extreme by Apple's marketeers...i.e. would willingly queue on day of release buzzing with excitement at high-fiving all the sales people and getting their hands on the latest i-whatever.

+ what Darren S said.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Agreed, being the coolest guy in my livingroom is uber important that's why I bought a new iPad... and an iPhone5 before that.

It might be because they are good but nah...

I even use my iPhone in the car, in the hope of getting pulled over by a female copper who'll then gush when she sees I'm using a white iPhone 5.

Titanium 182
I am pretty platform agnostic in all my tech. I've had an Xbox 360 this generation but I'm probably going go PS4 next time, for example. I've got LG TVs as they were the best value for money when I bought them (IMO), but I'd be happy getting a Panasonic or Sony in the future if I thought it was the best VFM.

I've got a MBP Retina and iPhone 5 and for me they're the best laptop and smart phone on the market at the moment. However, if HP or Samsung bring out something that really challenges that, I'd seriously consider changing (I left iPhone for a while and tried WP7 when it came out, was a bit disappointing).

I understand the backlash over Apple 'fanboys', but the anti-Apple brigade are just as annoying.

I understand the backlash over Apple 'fanboys', but the anti-Apple brigade are just as annoying.

Precisely. The fact that they can't see the irony in their often irrational ramblings is sometimes even funnier than the extreme 'High Five" of the Apple bandits.

2014 Focus Titanium
I even use my iPhone in the car, in the hope of getting pulled over by a female copper who'll then gush when she sees I'm using a white iPhone 5.

Genuinely LOL'd!!

To be fair, this forum isn't as bad as it used to be. A year or so ago if you said anything negative about an Apple product you would be shot down in flames by the next 15 posters, now I think most people will happily agree to disagree. Personally I'm loving my Nexus 7, I won an iPad mini but sold it without opening it because my mum has one and it frustrates me because I'm so used to the Android way, that doesn't mean it's a bad product though. It's wonderfully built, but my tab sits in a case anyway so it'd like having a beautiful car and covering it in tin foil really.

@dk, have you still got this? If so, could you try 8.1 on it to see if it works better with the forum. I would be interested in your feedback. BTW you should find that double tap space also gives a '.' If not then no problem. Cheers.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Just swapped my iPhone for a Samsung note 3, so far very impressed matches and betters my iPhone in everything. Built in tv remote is something all phones should have even works on a 10 year old sony.

dk

911 GTS Cab
@dk, have you still got this? If so, could you try 8.1 on it to see if it works better with the forum. I would be interested in your feedback. BTW you should find that double tap space also gives a '.' If not then no problem. Cheers.
I'll fire up the beast tomorrow, forgot about putting 8.1 on it.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Well it took most of the night to update, stupidly long.

I seem to be able to do a carriage return now in posts and can do a double tap on spacebar to get a full stop.

The autocorrect still isn't Up to apple on first impressions but it certainly seems better than my experience before.

dk

911 GTS Cab
been playing with it some more and the update is actually significant, everything works better, i also got a load of disk space back too.