ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to use an electric polisher

BMW X5

Hey, bought a similar PC polisher thing with the big sponge bits that spin round. I tried to use it the other day, but i cant see how you apply the polish without it going absolutely everywhere, spinning off in all directions. It has a slow start, but even that doesnt really help.

Do u apply the polish to the car or the sponge thing?

Thanks

Dave

polish/wax on the sponge then prime the panel buy rubbing the pad across the panel you are working on then start it on a low speed and work up to higher speed. Dont put too much on the pad either it doesnt have to be totally covered in wax/polish.

BMW X5

ok ok, i get you. I guess thats what i was doing wrong, i just put the polish on and away i went!!

So does doing it that way mean that you dont get all the splatter all over the windows/floor, etc?

Thanks

yeah dont overload the pad, prime the panel and start slow and you shouldnt get splatter also lifting the pad off the panel with the Pc/polisher on high speeds will flick it everywhere too so keep it in contact with the panel.