ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to tighten hand break

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
anyone know how to tighten the handbreak on a mk 2 16v clio? had my mot done on Thursday and the advisory was my handbreak had a 12% efficacy? jackedmy car up on Sunday couldn't find the bolt to tighten it,too wheel of them traced the cable back to under the heat shieldnear the cat is that correct? if so is it hard to remove to get to the bolt?

Lots of Alfas
You will need to remove the heat shield in the middle to get to it, its normally held on with 4 torx bolts, then you will need a deep socket to adjust the handbrake. Also on some models there is a nut on the handbrake lever, its worth taking the back plastic trim off the handbrake to check.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
do it the correct way take the drum off and clean up and adjust the shoes.
if you adjust the cable it only really adjusts how many clicks the had brake comes on should be around 6 clicks.

Lots of Alfas
The cables do stretch with age, I suppose it depends on the results of the rear brake force tests.