ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to replace indicator stalk in Clio 172?

My full beam has gone which I believe suggests that the indicator stalk needs replacing. Have a spare one but no idea how to swap them over. Are there any guides?

Thanks!

BMW M135i
Pop the top off the steering cowling, it just pulls off. Might be able to get it out from that, otherwise theres three (torx T20) screws to take the bottom cowling off.

Hi,

Finally got around to doing this but without much luck. Took the top and bottom cowlings off and removed the connecters from the back of the old indicator stalk. It looks like it just slid out, towards the passenger side window, but couldn't remove it even with a lot of force.

Am I missing something? It seems pretty solid. I can't find any screws or anything which will allow me to remove the old stalk.

Any advice?

BMW M135i
Nope iirc, just at the base of the stalk facing you from the seat. Might be hidden by the wheel so you might need to move it until you can get in there.

Cheers! Can't believe I overlooked that!

Fitted the new one but still don't have main beam! Now makes the clicking noise but still nothing.... Any ideas what I can try next?