ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to repair your wing mirror when it's been kicked off by a skank

Renault clio
My sons wing mirror was kicked apart by a worthless vandal and couldn't find a proper answer for fixing back the wing mirror section with the big spring back into the side door housing without damaging the wire that runs through the aluminium circle bit with the big tough spring around it.

With trial and error I found a quick easy solution to pushing back down the giant spring and lugs into the plastic hole in the side housing.

The mirror was hanging off by the wire.so I removed the whole assembly from the car and unplugged the wires from the door

For safety I took off the mirror first by pushing in the mirror nearest the door side and gently prising the mirror out from the other side with a screwdriver. It just pops back on later.

you are left with the door side assembly and the mirror assembly with the wire connected between the two.

Find yourself a 25mm wide old chisel or in good old English 1" wide.

Wedge it down inside the ally circular sleeve avoiding damaging the wire.

fit the two parts together and hold them down on the ground just twist the ally bit until you see a square notch turn it so its facing out at 45 degrees from the side door assembly part.

then push right down hard and twist the ally bit til it clicks and locks into the side door assembly part.

all done !!
Then just fit everything back together.
I attached some pics but it's difficult to upload on this forum for a novice

hope this helps save time?
Tbone

Clio 172 2002
I accidentally knocked my own mirror off :S

Anyway I got it on with the help of one wife, two screwdrivers, and a lot of cursing!

I don't think mine is in all of the way, which way do I turn to lock it in, clockwise or anti?

Many Thanks,

Pete