ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to remove grill on a PH 1 172

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Hi

Is it possible to remove the grill with out taking the bumper off ?? I want to change the headlight but can't get it out. I've changed the near side head light a couple of years ago and I'm sure I did it with out taking the bumper off. I'm sure I used a guide from here but I can't seem to find it again.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Phase 1 172, boxster
Yes undo all obvious bolts and give it a good yank, one at either end below the headlights, it's just squeeze clipped in and shouldn't break :)

yep, as above, bonnett up, 2x torx bolts in the top, 2 in the front, give it a good sharp tug, careful though - there are 2 long clips that go through the lights and into the wing I think and they can snap. One was snapped on my grill but the pin was stuck in through it's holder, made getting the lights out a real pain!

Phase 1 172, boxster
Actually ignore that you may need to at least release the bumper for ease of removal, even that's just one bolt either side that holds the bumper to the wings and the two centre torxs bolts under the grill :)

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Thanks guys

Can't for the life of me remember how I did the last one. I'll slacken the bolts off for the bumper and see if that helps.