ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to minimize coolant temp sensors using OMEX stand alone instead of Piggyback .

Clio 182
Using OMEX 600 Piggy back with ITBs and currently using 3 Temp sensors. One used by Omex engine management , one used by Standard ECU to operate to operate standard Temp Gauge and electric fan, and One used to operate a separate Temp gauge. Ideally I would like to get down to ONE sensor that operates a gauge and the electric fan . Is this feasible ?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Using OMEX 600 Piggy back with ITBs and currently using 3 Temp sensors. One used by Omex engine management , one used by Standard ECU to operate to operate standard Temp Gauge and electric fan, and One used to operate a separate Temp gauge. Ideally I would like to get down to ONE sensor that operates a gauge and the electric fan . Is this feasible ?

why not use the omex to run the fan?

2 sensors, 1 for standard ECU to keep that happy and run the gauge (if it does run the gauge)
And 1 for omex using the engine fan output to run the engine fan

Clio 182
why not use the omex to run the fan?

2 sensors, 1 for standard ECU to keep that happy and run the gauge (if it does run the gauge)
And 1 for omex using the engine fan output to run the engine fan
Want to ditch the standard ECU. So if the OMEX will run the fan thats one sensor gone. still have two sensors one with OMEX and one with standalone temp gauge.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Ditch the stock dash and tie a digi dash into your ecu if the omex supports it. My ecu can run the fan based on the values from coolant temp sensor if needs be.

Clio 182
Just found in the installation manual for the OMEX that any temp gauge needs a separate sensor on the engine side , Looks like I am stuck with 2 sensors