ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to fix this?

J03

MX5 1.8
i recently put my bumper on, and theres some cracks on it that am already aware of, its not new, bought it off my friend. how can i fix this?
theres a crack on each side... maybe fibreglass or whatever can fix this?

what my bumper looks like now, the tie rap is to secure the mesh while the silicon bonds behind the bumper

J03

MX5 1.8
gutted. :(

sand it right down, fibreglass repair kit, sand that down, primer and re-paint

ino mate.. :(

shall i take it to a bodyshop to do it? and if so how much ye reckon it will cost? just wanna get the whole car finished before i pass my test..

the bumper needs repainting anyway cuz of all the previous stone chips. so am not fussed about the repaint bit

naples valver
anything from 100-250 i reckon depending of bodyshop get a few quotes from different places, not sure what area u are from but put a post and see if anyone can recommend u a good bodyshop in your area. ucos u dont want a cheep job done on it cos i made that mistake with a similar repair and the paint started cracking from where they repaired it with fiberglass.

J03

MX5 1.8
anything from 100-250 i reckon depending of bodyshop get a few quotes from different places, not sure what area u are from but put a post and see if anyone can recommend u a good bodyshop in your area. ucos u dont want a cheep job done on it cos i made that mistake with a similar repair and the paint started cracking from where they repaired it with fiberglass.

cheers budi :cheers: il have a scout around

J03

MX5 1.8
Id say that ^^ purely because if any of the brackets are snapped the bumper wont fit nicely, and if its not repaired properly the cracks will carry on...
But take it to a Bshop witha gd reputation for repair jobs dont attack it yourself.

thanks at least u have an explanation to back your point up. will have it checked out