ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to fix this thread!

'06 MK3 Clio 1.4L
2006 Clio MK3 1.4

It has pencil type ignition coils and one of the threads that secures the coil using a bolt is stuffed, its destroyed the thread of the original bolt and it now just turns and turns and will not tighten. Have tried a bolt with the same thread an it just keeps turning and will not tighten either.

How can I fix this? Luckily its not causing any issues but its annoying me!

derv biege barge
I used a Helicoil kit on my cross threaded inlet bolt. Bought it on eBay for about 12 quid.

It worked perfectly. I got to use the original bolt afterwards too.

'06 MK3 Clio 1.4L
Ill try force a thicket bolt in tomorrow and of that fails ill look into getting one of them helicoil kits! If it comes to that I should be able to helicoil the thread without taking the whole thing off?

If your a helicoil expert I wouldn't mind paying you to sort it for me tbh! lol

Megane dci 130
I've done it before. Find a longer bolt of the same type and put that in. It will go down and reach the usually untouched threads. Should grip from there.