ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to clear fault code p0314 (misfire) after the problem is fixed?

172 Cup
Hi Guys,

My 172 cup developed a misfire at Cadwell which I have since fixed. It's now driving fine, all good.... But the check engine light is still on. I hooked up my odb2 reader to it which is still reporting a misfire.... But it's now fixed. I set it to clear the code but the light never went off.

This is bloody annoying as the car is fixed and running perfectly other than the damm light. Any idea how to clear it as the odb2 command does nothing, or will it just go off on its own after a few cycles?

Cheers!

172 Cup
Update - I disconnected the battery and even connected the positive and negative cables (obviously not the battery terminals, but the actual cables) to be sure it fully drained and left it overnight. Come back this morning, hooked the battery back up, turned it on, bloody light is still there. The bloody thing just wont go off. Frustratingly the problem that triggered it is 100% resolved - there is no way its currently mis-firing, its pulling like a train :/

Is this something that will just clear over time or am I going to need to plug it into a proper diagnostics kit which I am sure will cost silly money just to reset one bloody flag?

Renault Clio 182 BG
No one you know with a different code reader? Ive got one of them K-tec ones which are basic as they come and that still has to option to wipe codes and sorted mine when i had a misfire

The light still popped up every now and then afterwards but went out by itself (Possibly another injector leaking slightly)

172 Cup
No one you know with a different code reader? Ive got one of them K-tec ones which are basic as they come and that still has to option to wipe codes and sorted mine when i had a misfire

The light still popped up every now and then afterwards but went out by itself (Possibly another injector leaking slightly)

Just tried another two ODB2 readers and bloody thing would not go off. However, I then did it again and it went off.... hurrah! The reason, when I was hitting re-set the engine was either on or off - it didnt like that. What worked was reading the code with the engine off, hitting re-set, and turning the engine on when the re-set was being sent. No idea why, but that fixed it.

Thanks for the tips guys :)