ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'How Much?' Thread

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
4 locking wheel nuts to be removed? Doesn't include replacement bolts - how much.

Perhaps I'm being moany about this - see below

£120. I bought a new wheel nut for £25.

Feel free to post your stories.

Mondeo TDCI 130
I don't understand either post? Or am I thick!

Depends how hard they are to get out really, shouldn't be a major expensive though..... Have you lost the key Jamie?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Yes - I've lost the socket. Not sure how. So annoyed with myself.

Just bought a new one for £13, plus £10 shipping.

I put my text above of the quoted cost in white... if you drag the mouse over my post you'll see the "hidden text" - they quoted me c £100.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
100 quid?! My lady took her fiesta to have hers removed and they did it for free and even gave her some replacement bolts, albeit not locking ones. And she's not even fit

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Who quoted you £100? Can't see your white bit as I'm using Tapatalk.

A garage in Aberdeen. Aberdeen prices are just sky high, no reasonable rates for anything - the price you pay for all the oil and gas money in the city. Wish Birchdown were a lot closer. (I used to live in Chester, moved to Abz 2.5 years ago)

Suzuki Jimny
My mate had the same issue, the 1st garage he took it to offered to cut the wheel off the hub. LOL!

Suzuki Jimny
They were very serious. Got the angle grinder out and everything. Safe to say they won't be getting any of my business. Come to think of it, they were the sane garage that I saw trying to start a car with no cambelt on it. 'Don't do that, it has no cambelt!'

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
When I did this I took the car to the local friendly tyre place and they had loads of keys. Took them out for me and gave me some spare bolts they had.
For free!