ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much is your Clio costing you?

B/G 182 FF
Just a general question really, just wanted to know how much it's costing other people to own and run their Clio?
My monthly costs are as follows,
Loan repayment - £180
Insurance - £90
Petrol - approx £120 - £150
Total: approx £400

So what are your monthly costs?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Payment: I pay myself off (savings) £250
Petrol: £100-£120
Insurance: (paid up front but would have been £100/month)
Toys/servicing/extras: £150

Total £500ish.
Its a hobby I gues...

R26
loan 200
petrol 100-120
insurance - would of worked out 80 pm
toys/servicing/extras umm say 120 a month

500ish. again a hobby i guess though :)

ex 182, now Evo IV
You're actual mental. You probably pay more for the cup you don't have! Lol.

Nobody pays tax?

ive only just turned 19 and i have 0 ncb. and im pretty sure mines a cup.
i know its expensive but i aint that bothered ;)

I'm 100% certain it's not a cup. They didn't make them in LY.

If you can afford it then fair play. I still think you're craaaaaaaaaaaazy.

Megane 225 F1

You have a full fat mate. A 182 with both cup packs. That DOESN'T make it a cup. If it was a cup you wouldn't have leather seats etc. And they only made cups in racing blue and inferno. Pointless cars IMO.

£100 on petrol
That's it at the moment. Not got the money to service it just yet or modify it.

ex 182, now Evo IV
I'm 100% certain it's not a cup. They didn't make them in LY.

If you can afford it then fair play. I still think you're craaaaaaaaaaaazy.

hmm well on the heritage thing there was cup options for the ly, but anyway doesnt matter!

ill be putting up for sale next couple of weeks as im getting a evo or supra, insurance £500+ a month call me crazy more baby

ex 182, now Evo IV
You have a full fat mate. A 182 with both cup packs. That DOESN'T make it a cup. If it was a cup you wouldn't have leather seats etc. And they only made cups in racing blue and inferno. Pointless cars IMO.

£100 on petrol
That's it at the moment. Not got the money to service it just yet or modify it.

well i thought a 182 with both packs is classed as a cup but yeah.

My monthly costs are:
- Petrol £120 atm - when im back at Uni, it will be considerably higher. Im predicting around the £150-200.

If I were to split up the yearly costs:
- Insurance (paid in full, but would cost just under £100 per month if split)
- Tax £20 per month (£240 for year)

I paid for the car in full so havent got to worry about that.

Also, the past month I have spent £370 on a new UCH and I fitted some rear brake discs & pads (which originially cost £120, back in May lol).
Also bought a new centre exhaust mount at £7 i believe.
RStuner at £90 plus the cost of a licence for it and remapping. Around £140-150 mark.

Costs too much lol....

Mini Cooper S
Monthly costs:
Insurance £200
Petrol £150
Tax, maintenance, AA etc.. £50
Depreciation approx. £100

Total - £500 a month. My company pays 50% of the above cost :)

Owning a car is very expensive!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Monthly costs:
Insurance £200
Petrol £150
Tax, maintenance, AA etc.. £50
Depreciation approx. £100

Total - £500 a month. My company pays 50% of the above cost :)

Owning a car is very expensive!

£200 a month insurance?!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
hmm well on the heritage thing there was cup options for the ly, but anyway doesnt matter!

ill be putting up for sale next couple of weeks as im getting a evo or supra, insurance £500+ a month call me crazy more baby

More money than sense mate.

MCS R56
petrol- £150-£200.
insurance- £280

approx total: £480 ish

£3360 a year on insurance for a Clio worth circa £5K!?

That's the funniest thing I've ever heard! Do you not understand when you are getting robbed dry? You'll have paid nigh on £10K over three years or so on insurance.

b/g 182, meg tourer
petrol £100 ish
insurance £46
tax £20
maintanence/service £80 (includes tyres, brakes, service, mot etc)

so a rough total of £246 would cover everything.

then there is the mortgage to pay :(

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
This month mine has cost me £79 for a fuel pump.

Next month, my new one arrives and it will be £1000 for the deposit, £60 to fill it up and £60 to get the roof vinyled. £400 to insure it, £20 for new number plates and £160 for a new stereo and ipod lead.

Thats made me feel a bit sick...

120d M-Sport
Loan - £180
Insurance - £235
Petrol - £100
Tax - £20

Total - £530 per month

Currently spending s**t loads on it too! Just had the brakes all round done a month ago which set me back £300 fitted, month before had the tax and MOT done and soon getting the Cambelt and Aux re done!

Dont really care what i sell it for come April as it will only pay my loan off and i have a Diseasal clio to jump straight into which im currently fixing up :D

Fiesta ST-3
Petrol £120
Loan £200

£320 a month. Not to bad I think. I can't justify spending over £500 on a car a month just on running costs.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Petrol - £400
Insurance - £195
other bits and bobs - £150

£695 a month :evil:

How the f**k do you dpend £400 a month on fuel???

In a fiesta??

*edit, and £200 a month to insure said Fiesta??? You are clearly on drugs!

Last edited:
  200 Cup & DC2
I can't believe the money people are paying for insurane. Mine is £35 a month.

The chap prepared to pay £500 per month, £6000 a year, for insurance, tell me you're earning a very good salary and a home owner, not living at home with your parents, blowing all your income on a car as if that's the case, you'll look back in a few years with a lot of regret. £500 a month is 2/3 of a mortgage, at least a house being an asset that will appreciate in value unlike a car which will only depreciate.

Last edited:
  F56 MINI Cooper S
How the f**k do you dpend £400 a month on fuel???

In a fiesta??

*edit, and £200 a month to insure said Fiesta??? You are clearly on drugs!

80 mile each day, fill up every 3 days with £45. Insurance is that much because paying monthly increases LOADS.

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
Petrol - £100 a month.
Insurance - Paid up front in full, but is £82 per month if split.
Tax- £20

Total - £202ish.

Titanium 182
Petrol - £50
Insurance - paid up front but divided by 12 would be £58 (I don't know what interest rate they charge, but I know it's a lot so I haven't accounted for that)
Tax - I guess it'd be about £20?

£128 p/month not including wear and tear. Seeing as I'm 21 and currently a student, I'm happy with that

EDIT: just realised £50 sounds very low as that's only a tank a month, but whilst at uni I barely commute so it's all just pleasure driving. That easily triples when I'm at home, though!

MCS R56
I can't believe the money people are paying for insurane. Mine is £35 a month.

The chap prepared to pay £500 per month, £6000 a year, for insurance, tell me you're earning a very good salary and a home owner, not living at home with your parents, blowing all your income on a car as if that's the case, you'll look back in a few years with a lot of regret. £500 a month is 2/3 of a mortgage, at least a house being an asset that will appreciate in value unlike a car which will only depreciate.

He's 19 and clearly needs to be seen as having a fast car to out-do his pals. Nobody with a grain of sense would consider that kind of insurance payment for a car, this side of a Veyron. He might just have rich parents that are happy to pay this for him.

Westy. MX5
Ins. £15, Tax £20, petrol £20, per month. depreciation £0. Got to to be cheapest of you lot as I'm an old geez.

£65/month insurance

Dunno how much I spend on fuel but not much.

Servicing/repairs have cost me a fair bit lately though. Somewhere approaching 2k. I did get quite a lot of stuff done though - new springs as old ones were broken, new centre exhaust section, 2 tyres, geometry, cambelt/aux kit, dephaser pulley, major service, etc.