ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***How much is it worth?***

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Re: ***How much is my car worth?***

Never thought I'd be posting in here, but;

172 Cup, 53 plate, 120k ish miles.

I'm the only owner from new and have had it serviced every 6k miles - 1st couple of services were carried out by Mike at Linnington's Renault before he setup on his own as Rentech, and he/they're the only ones ever to have touched it since.

Well documented history of the car over its life is available on my YouTube page, but basically it's stripped to the bare metal inside, has had power steering removed, and been regularly rolling roaded putting out a genuine 185+ bhp (graphs from all runs are available) giving over 200 bhp per ton, V6 airbox conversion running an ITG filter and custom CAF, R-Sport ECU, YozzaSport decat and a K-tec stealth exhaust (centre section replaced by them under warranty in June 2009). Currently has no working speedo as original gearbox has been replaced with a 30k mile 182 'box which has no speedo drive/output...so I'd throw my Road Angel in as well. Speedo shows 107k miles which was when the original gearbox ate itself in March 2009.

It has been truly loved all its life, and has been driven hard but sympathetically (I passed my IAM in this car and qualified as an advanced driving instructor in it also).

So, what's a ball-park figure for this then?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Nooo what are you doing! I demand you get another!

£2.5kish? Mebbe even a bit less.

Don't tell it. You can't. Your car is like CS history.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

LOL at CS history.

I've not decided to sell it yet...it's just the mortgage is nearly gone now, and the Cup gets used less and less so I'm struggling to justify it costing £1,200 per annum before its even turned a wheel (MOT, VED, insurance, service).

Thinking I could get rid, enjoy life in the Ignis, then when the mortgage is gone I can go get a 2-3 year old 200 Cup or something.

It's the Ignis' fault really - I never thought I'd enjoy thrashing about in something so small and underpowered!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Mark, I honestly think you'll struggle to get £2k for it.

Volvo S60 T5

Get a trailer and use for track only, wont cost as much then surely. You know you will miss it once its sold.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Hmmmmm, I thought that might be the case...very limited appeal I guess, even for such a fine, well performing example of the breed LOL

Think of it from a buyers point of view...

No interior, wrong gearbox, no speedo, high (ish) miles, no power steering.

Its got a very very limited market. I personally think its not worth enough money to sell it. You are much better off keeping it.

All imo of course.

1.2 Dynamique 16v

I don't know how much mine is worth? Any suggestions?

Pictures in the project/media section

1.2 Dynamique 16v

My car is a Gris/Silver 2003 1.2 16v Dynamique with air conditioning/climate control, electric sunroof, windscreen sensors (light and rain). It has part services history and currently has 12 months MOT. I have had the cambelt and water pump replaced this month on approx 46000. It is now on 47000. It has a very minor dent in the boot lid (looks like someone has lent on it or something) and a small dent above the rear wheel arch. I suspect these can be pulled out. It has michelin tyres on all round (5-6mm). I dont think anything needs doing to it mechanically as it runs sweet. I only have 1 key.

Mods that I've done, colour coded front bumper, 172 rear bumper and 182 wheels.

Lowered on eibach sportlines by about 50mm. (see avatar for idea of how it looks).

Last edited:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Think of it from a buyers point of view...

No interior, wrong gearbox, no speedo, high (ish) miles, no power steering.

Its got a very very limited market. I personally think its not worth enough money to sell it. You are much better off keeping it.

All imo of course.

What if I put it back to standard? I could return everything to normal fairly easily except for the power-steering?

I'm trying so hard not to, but the accountant in me says I should. Iggy has dulled the love affair somewhat.

What if I put it back to standard? I could return everything to normal fairly easily except for the power-steering?

I'm trying so hard not to, but the accountant in me says I should. Iggy has dulled the love affair somewhat.

As Daniel said. I think your market would be very limited. So it would make sense to try and put it back to as close to standard as possible. But how much will it cost you to do that?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

As Daniel said. I think your market would be very limited. So it would make sense to try and put it back to as close to standard as possible. But how much will it cost you to do that?

I've got everything...except the;

power steering
headlining
steering wheel
airbags
parcelshelf
radio
speakers
turinis
working speedometer/trip computer
foglights

Hmmm, maybe not then.

mx5

My car is a Gris/Silver 2003 1.2 16v Dynamique with air conditioning/climate control, electric sunroof, windscreen sensors (light and rain). It has part services history and currently has 12 months MOT. I have had the cambelt and water pump replaced this month on approx 46000. It is now on 47000. It has a very minor dent in the boot lid (looks like someone has lent on it or something) and a small dent above the rear wheel arch. I suspect these can be pulled out. It has michelin tyres on all round (5-6mm). I dont think anything needs doing to it mechanically as it runs sweet. I only have 1 key.

Lowered on eibach sportlines by about 50mm. (see avatar for idea of how it looks).

Interested to see what people say, as I am about to advertise mine, in very similar condition, but 2002 car.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I've got everything...except the;

power steering
headlining
steering wheel
airbags
parcelshelf
radio
speakers
turinis
working speedometer/trip computer
foglights

Hmmm, maybe not then.

Would've been quicker to type ''I've got nothing''.

lol.

1.2 Dynamique 16v

nobody making any estimates? :(

Audi S1

Considering whether to sell my RS after having it 2 and a half years now. I have been toying with the idea for a while.

Renault Sport Clio 172 ph2
63,000 miles
2002 (02 plate)

No Service history (I lost the book when moving, I can not find it no where, however I do have all the receipts of work which previous owners and I have had done) Recently had a service done, all the normal stuff with NGK sparks plus genuine Renault brakes and pads all round, MOT till Aug 2011 and 6 months tax left.

Mods:

After market 17' alloys (Fox Evo's I believe)
K-tec super stealth exhaust

How much do people reckon this could sell for?

172 Cup
How much is my 172 Cup worth?

Hi all,

I am selling my 172 Cup (Mondial Blue) and am looking for some ball park figures to get a decent understanding of the value.

- It is a 53 plate
- Has done 65k
- Decent history with lots of receipts for work carried out
- Never been tracked
- It has a standard induction box on it (having had a BMC Carbon induction kit on it previously).
- I changed the front discs to Brembo Max with Mintex pads.
- Standard stereo

Typically for a car of this age it does have a couple of car park dings and the wheels are due a refurb, however, it has never been abused ie rammed up curbs!

Very common issue with the steering wheel rubber thumb grips perishing, this has occured on the right hand side of the wheel.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

James.

ash_s3

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Re: How much is my 172 Cup worth?

2,800 depending on condition I'd say.
Wouldn't expect alot more really, have belts been done recently?

Fiesta ST-3

As above, if its had fresh belts then depending on its condition you could see more.

Hello. Newbie here. Looking to get into the world of RS Clios with a track car. Could someone give me a guide on how much this car is worth:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1733861.htm

and how easy I would find it to sell afterwards. Advice much appreciated and if anyone has BMW related questions, I can answer them while I extend my Clio knowledge!

ClioSport PH2
Whats it worth? 2002 Monaco Blue PH2 172!

Hey chaps,

Due to a change of plan and now wanting a ph1 Im thinking about selling my Monaco Blue 2002 PH2 172.

It has 3 owners with 54k Full Service History. Just had Cambelt and Dephaser Pulley done. full service etc. Very good condition with bodywork being very tidy, few light scrapes.

It has a Kenwood MP3 CD Player, Apex Lowering Springs (soon to be new rear shocks), Panel Filter.

Usual bits include automatic xenons rain sensors mint interior etc. Alloys in great condition and 4 good tyres. Car drives and sounds spot on and recently had a new battery fitted.

What should I expect to sell for and is anyone interested LoL!!

IMG00368-20100829-1426.gif

BG182FF

More out of curiosity at the moment but I'm starting to think about it, how much do you think I could sell my black gold 182 FF for?
- 15,000 miles
- 4 services already
- K-tec coilovers with solid top mounts
- 15"x8" Rota slipstreams wrapped in hankook rs-2
- K-tec unsilenced, de-catted exhaust

DSC00906.jpg

DSC00915.jpg

Clio 172 cup

Thinking about selling my 172 cup. Any ideas of a valuation?

Completely standard (except K-tec Stealth stainless exhaust),
32,000 miles,
Full Service History plus receipts, original documentation etc.,
Paintwork is immaculate (minus some stone-chips to bonnet) and is detailed regularly.
Interior is in mint condition except the steering wheel melt issue (thumb grips are still intact),
Original tool kit and tyre inflators are present and unused.
Recently fitted front discs and pads (Brembo HC discs, standard pads),
2 x new toyo proxes tyres fitted to the front a couple of months back, rears still have plenty of tread.
Cam and Aux Belts replaced,
One previous owner from new,
Both sets of keys.

172 cup 1.jpg172 cup 3.jpg172 cup 2.jpg

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

55 plate Clio Maybe squeeze 6k on it *( put the standard wheels on it though)
cup ^^^^ list between 4.2-4.4k-

Steve

1.2 dynamique

hi what do you guys think my 1.2 is worth going to university soon so im gonna have to sell it, specs are as follows
51 plate in silver
1.2 engine with no mod's, dyanamique
standard apart from colour change to alloys to black
75k on the clock
reasonable history in terms of serivce but no reciepts etc apart form the last 6 months from all the work ive had done
body is good condition apart from a couple of parking dents on the doors but they are small
interior is perfect apart from a tear in one seat were some t**t of a chav flicked his cigarette into my car at the traffic lights, and i took the 'leather' off the steering wheel (although this looks tidier than the peeling leather, plastic stuff that was there)
has mot until February, although would give it a year if it changed the price a lot
new pads disks and brake cylinders
has been serviced today
two new tyres on the front which are premiums and rears are probably at 70% and not sure if there premium or budget
no engine faults at all that i know of
starts first time every time

BG182FF

Cheers for that Steve, didn't mention the fact that it has a cup spoiler on too, would it make a difference to the price putting it all back to standard and selling parts individually on top or do you think it would work out about the same value?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

Was it a NON cup pack 182 to start with then-

If not that does effect the theoretical value-

Keep the spoiler on- what you replacing with a NON cup spoiler?

S

BG182FF
The spoiler would be staying, that would be a bit weird to remove, it had the cup styling pack but not the suspension pack annoyingly. The only things I would consider changing back is the wheels, suspension and exhaust

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F

2004 (04) 172 Flamer.

Being one of the later 172's it has cruise control and traction control as well as the usual air con etc
Just under 50,000 miles
Belts done last year (reciept to confirm genuine parts used etc)
10months M.O.T.
6Months tax
S/S Exhaust
In the last year it has had new discs and pads (all round), braided lines, two new Track Rod ends, new handbrake cables, new spark plug leads, and 2 new tyres. Also has choice of Coilovers, or standard shockers.

Overall, the car is in good condition, there's some kebing on the wheels and one or two marks on the car.

046d3ab0.jpg

how much do you think my 172 would be worth?

its a non cup ph2 in black with xenons, 2002 with 56k miles and FSH, the downside of it is the 7 previous owners...

Clio 200/Jag x-type
whats it worth?

Picking up new clio next week and the private buyer I had for my 2003 172 Cup seems to be having second thoughts!
Its one owner from new, full main dealer service history, cam belt etc all done, 43K miles, a few car park dings and the alloys could do with a refurb, condition is reflective of age.
Any suggestions of value???????????

Your thoughts would be much appreciated.