ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How Much for a wash

BMW E91 Tourer
Well with the increasing number of corner car washes charging from as little as £2.50 for a wash, which also includes for free the obligatory swirl marks and poor finish.

Question is what would you pay for a decent wash.

Pre rinse.
Snow foam.
Rinse.
Snow foam.
Wash with mitten, 2 buckets.
Rinse.
Dry.
Wheels cleaned

No Paint damage, and a clean finish.

BMW E91 Tourer
You see, I live in a flat. Don't have access for a jet wash, washing the car I rely on a mates drive or the local Tescos.

How many people would want this done.

BMW E91 Tourer
My local hand car wash would do it all for £5 including the interior and full wax. The ruined paint comes free.

Exactly so. I have not even looked at prices.

Just seeing if there would be a viable amount of people that would have it done.

but don't you live in woking , if you want it washed inside and out properly without swirl marks ,then use the hand carwash in Ottershaw , 15 quid in and out or 8 quid for just the outside , and they do a decent job and don't f**k up the paintwork.

any car will get swirl marks eventually unless you are anal every time you wash it to the nth degree.

Unless I'm spending 2hours plus on mine polish and glow off deansgate in Manchester is excellent. They use good shampoo and microfibres, they're careful and carnauba waxes are used too. All indoor with a coffee shop so you can peeve over the rest of the cars in there as the work gets done.

BMW E91 Tourer
Unless I'm spending 2hours plus on mine polish and glow off deansgate in Manchester is excellent. They use good shampoo and microfibres, they're careful and carnauba waxes are used too. All indoor with a coffee shop so you can peeve over the rest of the cars in there as the work gets done.

And how much they charge for that

Honda & VW
Well I'm guessing the majority of members that use this section would clean their own cars, so therefore wouldn't be willing to fork ou a penny to simply have the car cleaned. The cleaning side of things takes barely any skill. Its what follows that requires talent

Volvo S60 T5
I pay £10 for inside and out with the local Polish chaps who run Mr Mario's Hand car wash, spot on job and take care with your car.

BMW E91 Tourer

Attachments

• IMG_0654.jpg
    IMG_0654.jpg
    494.7 KB · Views: 140
  E46 M3 & UR Quattro
If MCC was local or someone local charged £25 and actually did a quality job I was happy with I would pay that once a week no problem.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
If MCC was local or someone local charged £25 and actually did a quality job I was happy with I would pay that once a week no problem.

One a week?! £100 a month to do something you could easily learn to do the skills yourself?

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
One a week?! £100 a month to do something you could easily learn to do the skills yourself?

I already detail mate.. I do too many other cars to bother with my own most the time. I get fed up with the mundane cleaning, much prefer the correction/protection side of it.

Clio 172
Things aren't looking good for my latest business venture then!! Yet another cheap polish hand car wash has opened in my area in the last week and iv spent the last month planning and working out how to offer a reasonable valet service to people...but the competition is hard and you lot are showing me that people are tight! Haha. Might still give it a go but try and find a USP that will make my prices worth the extra to joe public!! I even made a logo and everything!! Hana

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
a supermarket wash is worls away from some hand car washes though , they are not all the same .

I'm willing to bet a quid to a chip of s**t that no hand car wash place that washes the outside of cars for a fiver or less, changes the water in the bucket after every car, let alone uses new wash mitts.

If i'm taking my nice swirl free car, and before me they've washed some flthy rep mobile, they'll be using the same water and the same wash mitt.
Ga-ron-fcuking-teed.

BMW E91 Tourer
Things aren't looking good for my latest business venture then!! Yet another cheap polish hand car wash has opened in my area in the last week and iv spent the last month planning and working out how to offer a reasonable valet service to people...but the competition is hard and you lot are showing me that people are tight! Haha. Might still give it a go but try and find a USP that will make my prices worth the extra to joe public!! I even made a logo and everything!! Hana

the problem is as said there is one on every closed garage / pub / wasteland. I've got 3 in 1/2 mile and all seem to be busy with there £2.50 washes £3.50 with a dry off.

not that they do a very good job. but heh it looks cleaner than when it wasn't washed. lets give joe public a service that they did not realise that they wanted....

i am looking at doing this also, hence the thread to find out peoples perspectives and comments. JAMason good luck with the venture. I'm not totally decided yet.

I'm willing to bet a quid to a chip of s**t that no hand car wash place that washes the outside of cars for a fiver or less, changes the water in the bucket after every car, let alone uses new wash mitts.

If i'm taking my nice swirl free car, and before me they've washed some flthy rep mobile, they'll be using the same water and the same wash mitt.
Ga-ron-fcuking-teed.

Which is why i use one that alot more than a fiver ;)

Clio 172
the problem is as said there is one on every closed garage / pub / wasteland. I've got 3 in 1/2 mile and all seem to be busy with there £2.50 washes £3.50 with a dry off.

not that they do a very good job. but heh it looks cleaner than when it wasn't washed. lets give joe public a service that they did not realise that they wanted....

i am looking at doing this also, hence the thread to find out peoples perspectives and comments. @JAMason good luck with the venture. I'm not totally decided yet.

cheers! I'm not giving up. Think I will keep it small and local for now and then branch out if it starts to pay off and I get some regular business. Keep my day job and do this as a side business to be safe. Good luck with yours also! ;)

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Midland Car Care do that for £25, id pay that much knowing it was done properly

Yep. I'd pay that.

but I wouldn't have done last year.... I didnt know about the time and expertise a proper wash takes and how damaging the quick ones can be.

I was having traffic film remover sprayed all over my cars including the posh ones until recently, it murdered the Gel coat on my trailer. 'burnt' it

General public won't pay 25... they would laugh! and so would I until recently

Last edited:

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep

I already detail mate.. I do too many other cars to bother with my own most the time. I get fed up with the mundane cleaning, much prefer the correction/protection side of it.

Sorry but forking out 100 quid a month to wash your car is a joke. You just wouldnt!

If you into correction then you could pay 2 quid for a wash then sort the swirls yourself ;)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Ok baller. You can spend your 25/50/75 quid a week on a basic car wash if you want. But id rather wash it myself and save the cash!