ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how much does a pass plus affect my insurance?

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
Basically i started my pass plus today 1 out of the 3 sessions which in all would cost me 132 squids..
im wondering will it affect my insurance that much? im 18 and been driving since August but its up for renewal next month due to this damn multi car insurance having to be done at the same time an it cost me £1500 fully comp with admril multi car! Should i be looking for a big or small decrease ss it took 40% off mymy mates!

Also while the thread is open, im looking at buying a sportex backbox off a friend i will inform my insurance companyy, how much of a increase am i looking to get?

Passat
It's worth it just for the driving experience in my opinion mate. No idea on the insurance front though.

Doesn't seem to make much diff after the first couple of years, at least it didn't for me!

But for reference when I first got insurance at 18 I saved £400 with Pass Plus (this saving was purely just for pass plus), and it only cost me £60 (used to be able to get a rebate from council for attending (£60 off), not sure if they still do it), so it was well worth it!

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
I paid £200 to do my pass plus back in the day. It got me a £200 discount in my insurance.

The things I learned doing the pass plus were invaluable though.
thats a lot for the pass plus! But sure enough! What type of things did you learn as ive been driving for 9 monthz doone so many miles on the motorway which is what i done today!

Passat
Doesn't seem to make much diff after the first couple of years, at least it didn't for me!

But for reference when I first got insurance at 18 I saved £400 with Pass Plus (this saving was purely just for pass plus), and it only cost me £60 (used to be able to get a rebate from council for attending (£60 off), not sure if they still do it), so it was well worth it!

It only triggers a discount for your first years insurance anyway. I did my pass plus while I had already got a policy. I rang up the following year and got told it wouldn't make a difference seen as I'd already had a policy. Bit of a joke really.

Clio 1.2 Extreme.

ahh i wish i could pay 60 for it! Do you need to be self employed to get money back?

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
It only triggers a discount for your first years insurance anyway. I did my pass plus while I had already got a policy. I rang up the following year and got told it wouldn't make a difference seen as I'd already had a policy. Bit of a joke really.
im going to be livid if k get no discount!

thats a lot for the pass plus! But sure enough! What type of things did you learn as ive been driving for 9 monthz doone so many miles on the motorway which is what i done today!

I did 3 full days though so it was well worth the money.

Drove up to the Scottish Highlands and did B roads etc with sat nav experience. A full day of motorway driving then some town and night driving. Baring in mind I was 17 at the time, this experience was the best I could get. My instructor was an ex-traffic cop aswell. Absolute top bloke !

Clio 1.2 Extreme.

Drove up to the Scottish Highlands and did B roads etc with sat nav experience. A full day of motorway driving then some town and night driving. Baring in mind I was 17 at the time, this experience was the best I could get. My instructor was an ex-traffic cop aswell. Absolute top bloke !
damn your insrutor sounds like a sweet bloke! Wish mine did that, id pay 200 no problem!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
im going to be livid if k get no discount!

Why? Just because you may not get a discount on your insurance, you should be a more skilled driver and therefore less likely to have a fault accident which will affect your premiums in the future!

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
I still can't grasp why you wouldn't phone your company and ask them first?
Im doing it for experience obviously, but main reason is the discount and recently ive been working quite late past the office opening hours?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure on my pass plus I just drove a few junctions down the M1 and back up, can't remember if it even saved me anything on my insurance premium either.

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
I'm sure on my pass plus I just drove a few junctions down the M1 and back up, can't remember if it even saved me anything on my insurance premium either.
i done 100 miles worth of motorway driving today up m2 the m25 then m20 backbonto m2!

Passat

Same here.

One day was supposed to be 'Wet weather driving'...but it didn't rain. So we just drove around and talked about rain.

​The motorway day was worth it though. Disgraceful that it isn't covered in a normal driving test really.

DB.

BMW 440i
Im doing it for experience obviously, but main reason is the discount and recently ive been working quite late past the office opening hours?

You work just under 100 hours per week? Wow.

Opening hours

Mon - Fri 8am - 11pm,
Sat 9am - 8pm,
Sun 10am - 8pm​

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
Same here.

One day was supposed to be 'Wet weather driving'...but it didn't rain. So we just drove around and talked about rain.

​The motorway day was worth it though. Disgraceful that it isn't covered in a normal driving test really.
with this current British weather i would be surprised if i miss out on the wet weather driving! But in aall honestly i didn't learn a tremendousamount dud to always talking aboutbmy stepdad as he is a lorry driver an ex fire fighter and other people about what to do, signs, meaningz of cats eyes and line differences. Looking forward to my next one tho but motorways should be introduced into normal lessons with pass plus more pushed

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
You work just under 100 hours per week? Wow.

Opening hours

Mon - Fri 8am - 11pm,
Sat 9am - 8pm,
Sun 10am - 8pm​
obviously not. but i do mixed martial arts, boxing and gym and my normal free time the past week and this week ive had to worknlate

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Pass Plus makes f**k all difference to your insurance.

When I did it I spent most of it cruising up the A38 to Exeter then absolutely hammering back along some country lanes.

It helped me, local police offered a course where if you sat in on a two hour lecture they would cover 50% of the pass plus cost.
Saved about £100 in total, better in my pocket for sure!

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
Lol, that wouldn't be an issue.

True! It's always relevant to the specific person/situation so phoning and asking is the only way to find out.
Sure enough i can't actually ring them if not the payer as yes im the main driver, but my step dad who actually pays for itit (i pay him back monthly ofc) is normally too busy or tired to ring them up, he works hard so i won't make himhim, but yeah can i still ring?

Who was your instructor?