ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much can be made breaking a ff182?? Help please

Clio sport 182
I cant believe you even entertained breaking!!!! Made me angry hahahahaa.
I had a woman write my mondeo off in 2009, cracked back bumper in two places, dented quater and smashed rear light.....
i put a new light on for £25 hammered back quater out, bought it back for £200 and got £900 back in my pocket and am still drivin it now :) ( well palmed off to the missus )

£3420. :) it was £2840 but I showed them all te pictures I took after I detailed it and found a couple of adds for the same age with more miles so they met me Half way :)

That's not a massive amount considering earlier this week a dude off here got £3200 for his 172 from the insurers. I wanna know who you're both using! I'd be over the moon with anything over £3k if mine got written off.

As for what to do - I'd be buying it back, pocketing the cash and driving it. Even if you only keep it a few months then flog it for peanuts you'll still come out on top.

Inferno 225 cup
I rang insurance up and told them,but they wanted Albany assistance to deal with it, so rang up my body shop and he told me excellaw, and that they get all the details and the womens details and go straight through her insurance so my insurance no nothing which is the best thing has the try and add money on.

Then a vehicle engineer inspector came out the day after 'martin' (great guy) values it goes back and sends all the detail to her insurers chasing the money.

IT won't unless it gets written off again, then obviously the payout will be a lot less second time around.

this happend to the missus's mother... her corsa was bought as damaged repaired not once did it show anywhere it was a write off.. her dad had a little bump in it.. long story short was wrote off again and her insurance wernt gonna pay out as they dont insure write off's but she got pay out in end after finding it had been a total loss twice before so her dads bump made it the 3rd time to be wrote off... should never have been back on the road

Excellent payout. You cannot just drive a write off. It needs an engineers report to say it's safe to drive on the road. You can then send off to DVLA etc. I would suggest buying it back if its cheap enough though. Fix it and drive or use as a track car. I would!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Excellent payout. You cannot just drive a write off. It needs an engineers report to say it's safe to drive on the road. You can then send off to DVLA etc. I would suggest buying it back if its cheap enough though. Fix it and drive or use as a track car. I would!

Not always the case, depends how severe the damage is, what you're talking about is a vic check, more commonly needed on Cat C cars