ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much %age increase!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I would add just for the point, you cannot take into consideration hire car costs when deciding if a car is a repair, that's not legal. That's the same as saying personal injury claim at 10k would total loss your car.

The repair costs that an engineer looks at is the only thing he can take into consideration when authorising repairs. The engineer doesn't even care if it's non-fault or if he is in a hire, he is looking at my estimate vs what the value of the car is.

Now after that conversations can be had but if you took into consideration hire car charges to a repair, no cars would be fixed.

I have 3 prestige hires out just now, of of the Aston owners hire is £295 a day. Not sure on the others. That's different to parts availability but that isn't the hire companies fault, the owners fault nor the repairers fault. Some manufacturers were sleeping. Ford and BMW can supply anything really, haven't had anything on back order from them post covid really.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going to need some more information on that one ginge. Sounds like fairytales.
He tried to park under an unhitched lorry trailer and caught it at 2mph when he was leaving. Insurer said structural damage and car was immediately whatever category it is now for structural damage must not be returned to road. That’s it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm, I put a roof on a 21 plate C3 the other day and an A pillar on a 66 plate VW Polo this week...

It has to be cost related first and then it is categorised. They make A pillars and chassis legs at the factory because you can fit them to damaged cars.

Sounds a bit worse than the guys story...

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
43% here, glad I'm not renewing. Unfortunately car insurance over here will probably cost me 80% more than I was paying, the trade-off being no emissions tax. Still a silly amount of money for a little French hatchback but c'est la vie 🤷🏻

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Insurance?! I cant remember the last time I seen a police car....
My manager said they were stopping cars in Birstall the other day as his mrs got pulled over for having completely plain number plates (no manufacturer details etc.).

She was told they caught 30 people without insurance in 2 hours. Perfect spot near Bradford for it mind

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
My manager said they were stopping cars in Birstall the other day as his mrs got pulled over for having completely plain number plates (no manufacturer details etc.).

She was told they caught 30 people without insurance in 2 hours. Perfect spot near Bradford for it mind

Anywhere remotely near Bradford is excellent for that kind of job. It makes you wonder why it's not a more common thing?

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I was paying £450 with Admiral and they hiked it up to £700. I immediately went online and managed to get closer to £400 with Sterling.
I called Admiral to cancel and they asked how much I had gotten elsewhere, and then followed up with "we can get it down to £600 if that's any better?"

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

Didn't think anyone in Bradford run with a numberplate on the front anyway

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
F753AFBA-9F37-460E-8DCA-DFE20161A1FC.jpeg

f**k. Off.

Doubled plus £1. Absolute shower of c***s

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ok boomer

But yes, it's getting more and more of a con each year. Direct line gave me a very special one off discounted price of £432

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Load of shite this year. £430 last year up to £580 without any change to circumstances or car. Robbing nobbers.

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
I can't believe some of the increases you lot have had. My van barely went up, bike barely went up. I paid £450ish for my Golf GTI with 2 years NCB (my main NCB are on my van). Feels like I may get shafted towards the end of the year.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I can't believe some of the increases you lot have had. My van barely went up, bike barely went up. I paid £450ish for my Golf GTI with 2 years NCB (my main NCB are on my van). Feels like I may get shafted towards the end of the year.

When I swopped my mk7.5 performance for my mk8 gti they charged me extra 10 quid to change 😀

Reckon I will get a big renewal thou!

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
I couldn’t believe mine only went from 900 to 1100 moving from the S3 to the Macan.
I guess the demographic of the owners is somewhat different though.
Envious of those with sub £500 insurance but I suppose being in your 20s in London it’s never gonna be reasonable.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Is home insurance allowed on this thread lol...

Buildings insurance went up massively, couldn't get it down no matter what I did. However, contents my renewal went up, but I managed to get it down quite by a significant amount from Confused.

Car insurance is next month. Looking forward to that one, not.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The BBC quite delicately trying to say what everyone already knows:

'If your city starts with a B, four figures your insurance will be"

Car insurance quotes were a third more expensive in some areas of England with the biggest minority ethnicity populations, BBC Verify has found.
We collected thousands of quotes based on identical driver information, but with different addresses.
Areas with a high number of people from ethnic minorities saw higher prices

The Insurance industry body said:
I'm not racist, but......................................

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
The BBC quite delicately trying to say what everyone already knows:

'If your city starts with a B, four figures your insurance will be"

I don't think insurance companies are racist, but I do think they should be forced to justify the quotes they give because they're shifty con artists.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
£230 for the 997 last year, this year it's £301.

Wife got her Evoque and Beetle on a multi-car deal for £600 for both.

Someone told me that a guy further down our road has been told his Evoque renewal will be £3k. It is a newer car than ours but still that can't be right.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I don't think insurance companies are racist, but I do think they should be forced to justify the quotes they give because they're shifty con artists.

They've already been forced to stop giving different quotes based on gender, race probably is the next item to look at.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
They should be more racist imho

Amount of accidents I see because some jam raki has decided to drive like a f**king c**t whilst supping a balloon is a joke. f**king knobheads always end up killing some poor innocent fucker as well

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
My renewal came through from The AA, £254 from £145 last year, increase of +75%.

Tried Greenlight and they wouldn't entertain me because my car isn't modified. So just went with someone generic from Compare the Market at £167.

I did find someone on Compare offering £165. Went through the process and noticed they had my 'license from' date incorrect, they had it down as 19 years ago but it's actually 20. I edited my details and the premium went up to £501 🤷‍♂️ so ditched them.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Is home insurance allowed on this thread lol...

Buildings insurance went up massively, couldn't get it down no matter what I did. However, contents my renewal went up, but I managed to get it down quite by a significant amount from Confused.

Car insurance is next month. Looking forward to that one, not.

Mines due in May, few months yet, but expecting a rimming