ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How many of you still with standard cliosports?

PH1 V6
Standard other than uprated engine mounts, exhaust system and brakes. Only fitted the engine mounts to cure the knocking of the manifold against the heatshield so decided to uprate them.

TBh the cup handles really well in standard form.

Ibiza SC
Owned my cup for about 2 months and have done nothing to it apart from clear side repeators. It already had an aftermarket air filter under the bonnet and a splitter too. Quite happy to keep it as it is to be honest, gonna drop it 40mil though as the arch gap does my head in...

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Mine was bought completely standard and stayed this way for, oooh about 48 hours :)

If you want a day to day fast hatch for the road, then they are fantastic out the box. I wanted something a little more hardcore, each ot their own.

keo

Clio Trophy
Mine is standard apart from brembo discs and ds2500's on the front, when the exhaust gives up i will have a custon stainless made, i dont want a loud one at all, just an exact copy of the oe item will do me fine

260% JCW
Standard other than uprated engine mounts, exhaust system and brakes. Only fitted the engine mounts to cure the knocking of the manifold against the heatshield so decided to uprate them.

TBh the cup handles really well in standard form.

Love this, standard apart from.... lol

260% JCW
But i have only replaced consumables. Its on standard suspension, engine, etc... the mounts were worn so replaced for uprated as will last longer :)

Its not standard then, you've fitted uprated exhaust, brakes and engine mounts? lol

PH1 V6
No i see what your saying and yes you are correct its not standard.... however, i have ONLY replaced the above parts because the OEM items had failed/worn... so i uprated them as apposed to replacing them for standard. I havent gone spending money on here where its not needed.... yet anyway ;)

Clio 197
only mod on my cup is Bluevisions on the front, maybe a panel filter at the next service considering the paper filter from my local factors cost £14

260% JCW
No i see what your saying and yes you are correct its not standard.... however, i have ONLY replaced the above parts because the OEM items had failed/worn... so i uprated them as apposed to replacing them for standard. I havent gone spending money on here where its not needed.... yet anyway ;)

TBH i dont blame you, f**k paying £700 or whatever it is for a standard exhaust when you can get a better one for less. Same with the engine mounts.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Stainless exhaust, when the original and it's replacement fell off, eibachs when the rear springs snapped and a new stereo for DAB iPhone aux in. End of.

LY 200
Mines 100% standard but then thats only because you cant get a decent IK for the 197.

LY 182 which i had for 4 years before that was running standard bar a chip and BMC and i still loved that to the day i wrongly let it go.

350z GT
Mines standard....do stickers count as mods?? lmao

all i have it stickers and air fresheners

plans are for it to stay that way as well :) just a wheel refurb in the spring :)

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Our 172 is standard bar the Eibach Pro-kit springs. Got some eibach spacers for it though for this year, before we sort out the suspension and exhaust.
Out the box its a fantastic car and can easily be left standard, but its fun modifying cars!

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
Mine is still as Renault intended from when I bought it back in March 2004.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I don't even have silvervisions..... thats how I roll!!

TBF, mine has a panel filter, a decat and a full stainless (stealth spec), but I run standard shocks n springs, along with standard issue Michilin PE2's.

Photo0243-1.jpg

I agree that modding cars is a mugs game............ but I'd still like to lower it and have a remap. Just not sure I can justify breaking my bones over every bump. I like the fact I can just drive over speed humps

PE2s are not standard issue on 172s.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
don't think there will be many still standard especially people on here....it's nice to see one from time to time though!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Mine is 100% stock, oh bar repainting the centre caps black lol

BG 182
Ive gone from a chipped lowered 172 ph2 with 17's to a standard 182 FF.

Never looked back!:cool:

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
silvervisions and a stainless k tec stealth on my ph1 ;) all thats gonna change soon though! :D

Nothing at the mo :(
mines standard atm apart from a ktech panel filter.. only reason i got that is cause my car HAD to be modififed to get the policy so went for the cheapest

GB 182 FF
mines 100% standard, and will stay that way unless the brakes pish me off, other than that no urge to mod anything as it seems to be just right out of the box.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
All I have done is upgrade brakes front and back, changed the exhaust as mine was rotten (after 14k!) and just put standard air filter back on - oh, and upgraded the wiper stalk!

Clio 172 ph1
My 10 year old ph1 172 is completely standard AFAIK! Clearly it's had parts changed but all with stock replacements :)