ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how many miles..v6 owners

i have got a very un interesting question for you how many miles have you done in your v6s.i would love one in a few years but will they have all fallen to bits by that time?has anybody done big miles without any probs?

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Reckon theres somebody with over 50k. Ive done 2k in the 2 months since Ive got mine ... on the high side for me so hopefully will slow down to nearer 8k per annum.

Since then its got 2 rattles ... a minor kerbing ... and a b*****d chip on the front where a stone hit it on the bottom edge. Still smiling tho :D

if i got one i would be doing at least 12k a year and i would want to keep it till death (probly not long after i got it) i thought someone might have done 100k+miles

Clio V6 255

Ive only had mine 5 weeks and have done just over 900 miles. Nothing has fallen off but one of the xenons has stopped working and Ive managed to put a small scrape on the bottom of the front bumper.

[Edited by johnnyb on 17 May 2005 at 7:08pm]

Ive had mine since September and done 6000 miles.............only problems were the coils all of which have been replaced under warranty (3) and as a goodwill gesture by Reno (3)................otherwise an oil change in December and a service done yesterday details to come as soon as I get the invoice :cool:

Cya Stu

PS this car is SIMPLY THE BEST :D

Had my Vee since December & done 6k already (2 trips to Scotland & one to France). Only issue was power steering pump blowing. Ive got it on a limited milage insurance policy, but when the weather is good, & cant help but go for a spin. Might have to review my insurance i think & extend the limited miles. The car has been perfect & never missed a beat.

If you get one in a few years, im sure it would have been looked after, as Stu says look after it & it will keep you smiling.

Vee dub

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 17 May 2005

Mk2 - 15 months and 27k later - not a problem, got some stone chips cos I do a lot of motorway miles - love it :D

Shows its been used eh Kathy :D

Clio RS 172 Ph2

Mk1 (2001) - 39k - I do 20-25k a year, so may well pile on the miles quicker than anyone else.

Ive had the car <1 month, and have put on nearly 3k already, though have just found out it needs front tyres, cat, oil cooler & PAS pipe replacing. Its had a coil done by the previous owner, along with rear tyres & usual servicing - oh and the steering wheel was badly worn, which Im told is common to all mk1 vees & 172s. It has developed a few rattles too, and Ive changed the speakers, because the standard ones were awful!

Im hoping that my hefty bill was as a result of previous owner abuse, and once its all sorted it will be a bit more reliable for me!