ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how many miles from original tyres

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A

how many miles have you got out of your original set of tyres?

i got 7000 out of my fronts (continentals) which then got replaced by eagle f1s and put on the back,

and im just about to change my originally rear contis(now on front) at 18000 miles!!

overall im quite happy with that!!

admittedly it is probably illegal looking at front left so maybe shoulda chenged them earlier :oops:

39,500 on the original rears, still have 7mm of tread!!!!!!!!! 32,000 on the front before being replaced ( cough 106 Quiksilver cough )

:oops: little Newms

Lee

BMW M2C

Probably because my drive to work is so crap I got about 12k out the front Contis and that was with a lot of time at Santa Pod too!! I replaced both the front and rear with F1s at 12k.

replaced all 4 of the standard contis on my 172 @ 8000, the fronts had no tread left id say the rears had about 4000 miles left in them. Got 205 exalto 2s on now.

Remapped derv Golf

Hang on Lads!

My old man got 60k(mainly motorway) from the Dunlop Sports on his Cavalier 2.0 a few year back. Swapped them at 30k.

Couldnt believe it! The 2nd set he got because he was so impressed only lasted 45k.............strange??

Got 36K in total out of the 4 Contis on my 172, swapped front to back at about 20K. I do mainly motorway driving which is why they have probably lasted so long.

172, Tiguan

10k for the fronts, but they were bald, the rears are still going strong now. Id think theyd last a good 25k.

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 28 July 2004

10k for the fronts, but they were bald, the rears are still going strong now. Id think theyd last a good 25k.
Same as with the fronts, when I had them replaced I had the new ones put on the rears and then the original rears moved to the front, just about to hit 16k and think theyll need replacing shortly.

Titanium 182

how fast have u worn a set of tyres out any one

i managed to do the fronts on my old ibiza in 5k from brand new to bald as on the passenger roundabout hard side!

but that car had 240lbft torque and would wheelspin from 1st 2nd and 3rd!

Meg on pistonheads £6995

Clios half worn after approx. 8K

my records

900 miles on my Dads Cavalier 1.6 (when I was 17). His company put 7 sets on in 30K before banning under 25s from the Company policy!

45 000 on my identical Cavalier 5 years later (when I was paying for rubber)

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 28 July 2004

Hang on Lads!

My old man got 60k(mainly motorway) from the Dunlop Sports on his Cavalier 2.0 a few year back. Swapped them at 30k.

Couldnt believe it! The 2nd set he got because he was so impressed only lasted 45k.............strange??
Different batch!

Also some unreputable manufacturers fit different spec oe tyres - you know stiffer sidewalls that sort of thing...

182, GTR, C63

Just abot fcukd on the front now. Thats less than 6 k miles but ill wear em out a bit more before changing :) Wont take long......

My original fronts lasted about 14k

My last set (their ^ replacments) lasted 11k.

Id hate to see how long a 172 would last in my handls as Ive only got 65hp.

K20 EG Hatch

11k outta my fronts and now i am gonna get some low profile all round.

Anyone recomend anything?they need to replace 185, 55, 15!

cheers

Fiesta TDCI

6k on front contis, changed to GY F1s, now on 12k and need replacing again (the nearside front is near slick!!) Rears still original contis and look okay.