ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Loyal Are You?

How loyal are you?

• Total voters

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
With the upcoming 'iPhone 5' or 'New iPhone' how many of you will consider an alternative before choosing an Apple product?

Personally I won't look anywhere else because in my opinion nobody can do a touch screen like Apple along with IOS. I know that before I even chose to think about a competitor that they already aren't good enough.

Odd considering the size of the purchase. Thoughts?

Fiesta ST-3
I mirror your views exactly. But I am now a converted Apple fan boy and with my 27'' Mac I have to have an Iphonigzzz.

Astra Twintop
I'm sure it will be like every other Apple iPhone. one buys, and the flock will follow.........

Baaaaa........

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I converted to apple a coupe of years ago. iPhone, iMac, iPad and apple tv. Would never go back to any other type of phone or PC.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I can't ever imagine buying another make of phone. I don't even bother looking at what else is out there tbh.

Unlikely I'll get the 5 though as money is going to much bigger purchases this year so sticking to my 4S for now.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I saw a girl on the train pull out some phone that was nearly as big as an iPad the other day! She looked a right t**t holding it up to her ear lol

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I think the fact all my Apple products are linked and work seamlessly together is the main reason I'll not look elsewhere when buying a new phone. That along with the amount of money I've spent on apps. To spend that money again if I moved to Android for example would be a bit of a negative. I think once you're deep enough in either iOS/Mac OS, Android, Windows Phone etc it's more 'difficult' to get out.

It would take a f**k up on a colossal scale for me to leave Apple now I think.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
It's funny coz the only people that **** off apple are people that don't have any of their products.

I know so many people that used to bang on about blackberry being better but who now all have iPhones lol

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
My iPhone 4 came off contract 3 months ago, so I'm waiting for the 5. A different phone never even crossed my mind.

DCi
i had a 3gs and then went to a htc sensation to save about £30 p/m on my bill. i thought i'd get to the end of the contract and buy whatever iphone at the time outright but actually im not as loyal as i thought and would much rather have the money

Bux

Golf GTD
I had a 3GS and now have a 4. When my contract is up for renewal in January I will look at getting the 5 (as long as it's out).
Basically because the iPhone is exactly what I need it to be, and does everything I want it to do, and it's nice to have the newest model out.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I like my iPhone and iPad but I miss my Blackberry as a mobile work tool... 4s standard email just isn't as good as it is on RIM.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I'll choose apple because I like what they do, not just because its apple.

I used to avoid apple on the premis of it being a 'fashion brand' but they have since earned my loyalty.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm pretty happy with my 4S but somewhat regret upgrading from the 4 last year for such little extra (I still daren't use Siri in public :eek:), although this should be a bigger update.

My contract is up for renewal in October so we will just have to see, I'll probably end up getting the next iPhone as I'm yet to find a good sim only deal that includes tethering for much less than my current O2 deal, selling my 4S would cover the outlay for the new one, seems a no brainer I suppose.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I like everything about my current iPhone and previous, so unless Apple decide to only make the new one in pink, I can't see me not getting it.

work for BMW
Simple fact is iPhone is the best phone by a million miles nothing comes close and I expect nothing will for a long time. I don't look st competitors because I know I will jut be disappointed at what I see compared to apple

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I don't have any brand loyalty. I just buy what is best for me.

I can't see the next iPhone being any different.

Bingo. Exact same view, I've no affiliation with apple at all - When another company does it better I'll get their product and so on. I've never felt inclined to go out and buy a mac now I have an IPhone.

I have mates who seem to be "collecting" products though, Unsure as to why. If my 3G was still working I'd actually still be using it.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I won't look at any other phone.

Apple products just work. That's why I love them... Also, I've been hoarding idocks over the past few months to put in a future house so I can play/charge my phone/iPod anywhere in the house :p

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Apple > All. I doubt i'll ever own another make of phone for the forceable future.

Maybe it suits my needs more but either way no other phoned i've tried new or old can hold a candle to it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I don't have any brand loyalty. I just buy what is best for me.

I can't see the next iPhone being any different.

This, there's plenty of things I like on a Galaxy nexus which is my only real in depth experience of a competitor, but it's not enough to move me away from an iPhone.

GSIII tries too hard to be an iPhone so that gets ignored, if it had stock ICS/JB then they'd sell a whole lot more IMHO.

My 4S is pretty much the best phone/camera/media player I have ever owned. Nothing I've used comes close.

172 Sport
I would rather send a letter than use an Apple product

I had a Galaxy S1, S2 and pre-ordered the Galaxy S3 the day it was launched.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You can always tell what sort of person someone is by what phone they use. It's fascinating.

Z4
I can't see the next edition bringing anything new to the table unfortunately, I'm going off apple at an alarming rate so I would consider other options.

I guess you could call me an apple fanboy as I own: Ipod classic, Ipod nano, mac mini, iphone4, apple tv, the new iPad...but I only got them as the competitors for those products were inferior, I'm open to other suggestions so long as they're reasonably compatible with the other gear.

172 Sport
You can always tell what sort of person someone is by what phone they use. It's fascinating.

Totally, my choice of phone is a total reflection of me as a person.

It's amazing when you think about it, I probably spend between 4 and 6 hours a day on my phone; that's more time than I spend a day (awake anyway!) with the woman I married and bought a house with...

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Swapped from a 4s to a Samsung Galaxy SIII...

as an apple Fanboy i can say ive already sold my 4s... the S3 is fantastic...

The iphone5 will have to be VERY VERY good for me to consider me swapping

Chris.B

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GT TDi
Buying an iPhone 4S after having a BlackBerry was the best purchase I have made. Made me realise how sh!t BlackBerrys were.

I use my iPhone probably on average at least every 30 minutes of the day. Best camera, media and apps available imo.

Would never go back to anything else.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
only just getting my iphone 4s tomorrow :eek: fml for being so slow but only just got my upgrade. iphone 5 will be out before i no it but im not to fussed

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol why anyone would buy a new iPhone now is beyond me.

because the iphone 5 is coming out like i have said i'm really not all that fussed..its a phone at the end of the day i can make calls, texts and just surf the internet whilst on my breaks at work. its not my life :dapprove:

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
In which case why get a top of the range phone for top $$ when you could get this
http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/SAMSUNG-E2121B/PPAY

does that come with internet? ive had my nokia n97 for god knows how long and as my phone was eligible for an upgrade it made sence seeing how people go on about them. sorry i'm unlike you who has to have the latest thing out. i just couldn't be bothered to wait and pay an extra premium because it is the latest out.

hardly top dollar when the phone was free so only paying monthly cost like i have done before hand :dapprove: how much is the iphone5 going to cost or will that be free?!

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not trying to outsmart you mate. Simple pointing out that your argument doesn't make sense. You claim you don't want an expensive phone yet you're getting an iPhone 4S. One of, if not the most expensive current phone on the market. Regardless to whether its an upgrade 'for free' or not. Do you think its simple free? You will pay £30/£50 a month on contract for it over 18/24 months. Why do that when you can pay £10 on a rolling 1 month simplicity contract.

If you say you don't want the top of the range phone and you don't use all the gadgets then but the £5 phone I posted above which does phone, text and internet.

Ive just saved you a couple of hundred quid a year. You can thank me later.