ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How low on raceland coilovers can you go?...

^+1

4545351877_a33f80bf1d.png

50 by j0eyD, on Flickr

That's on raceland rear springs

5179390894_a610b1ec08.png

Night Time 3 by j0eyD, on Flickr

That's on custom extra shite rear springs

Phase 2 172 Sport
How much are Raceland Coilovers !? Also where can they be purchased from and do they do these for Mk2 172 Sports !?

Dunno how some of you live with your cars that low, mines on Raceland coilovers, lowered not too much and its bumpy as f**k! Fun though.

IMG_0502.jpg

Last edited:
  ITB'd 172 Cup
Ive got racelands on my track car and dont have any problems atall. Admittedly i'd prefer some bilsteins or similar but it came with the racelands.

I was lapping donington consistently with 1.27s/1.28s last night so cant be too bad.

they are a quarter of the price of the lead brand names entry level coilovers for a reason! buy cheap, buy twice. its always the case. saves you money in the long run to buy the best you can stretch to afford.

if cheapness is the key for you personally then id go for the £300 quid ktec kit instead. twice the price of the racelands again but will be far superior.

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
if cheapness is the key for you personally then id go for the £300 quid ktec kit instead. twice the price of the racelands again but will be far superior.

im using these on my 182 and know a couple of others using them and they are great for the price. i would recommend getting these

Ph 1 172
they are a quarter of the price of the lead brand names entry level coilovers for a reason! buy cheap, buy twice. its always the case. saves you money in the long run to buy the best you can stretch to afford.

There was a thing going around when raceland coilovers first came about that they were exactly the same as ktec's just rebranded(if it's true I don't know)

I've had them on my car for over a year now and had no problems at all, they don't seem any firmer or softer than standard suspension but give a nice drop. The front goes down low enough that it could possibly mean the front bumper would touch the floor, the rear doesn't go down low much at all I think 40mm off the top of my head

Pictures at the bottom of my first post is my phase 1 on racelands
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?594770-Phase-1-172

Last edited:
  Ph 1 172
You can't get hold of them now they stopped making them.... When they first came about you could buy them from eBay, but ktec suddenly bought the last 10 sets of them put the price from £170 too £200 (although the extra £30 seemed to cover a proper warranty and uk supplier so made sense) and then rumours came out they were identical too the ktec coilovers and the raceland ones just ceased production. Second hand is the only way too get them now, and I have never seen a set come up so they can't be that bad

Ph 1 172
not sure what the reason is mate to be honest either way its a shame becuase they are perfect coilovers for day to day use (in my eyes anyways)

2.0 16v Ph1
They go low enough (the front can go way lower)...heres mine on racelands.

Very reasonable coilies for the price they cost...can´t be happier with the choice i made ;)

2000 X PH1 172
They go low enough (the front can go way lower)...heres mine on racelands.

Very reasonable coilies for the price they cost...can´t be happier with the choice i made ;)

Looks same as mine.
I bought mine with them already on, they seem ok.

I think they are too stiff and a bit 'jumpy' when cornering and applying a bit too much throttle.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Yep, handling wise they aint great.
Ride wise, they aint great.

But for awesome lows at a cheap price they're awesome.
Good quality product too. Look nice etc

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
62.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

32123_415628360856_579425856_4963843_1486544_n.jpg

whoring!! :D

this is using custom rear springs, and the front were sat pretty much on the bumpstops.

182 FF
f**k me the same old s**t debate...people who say racelands make the car handle badly are just talking rubbish, I know of a dozen people who drove & were passengers in my old track clio and no one ever commented that it was unstable or badly set up (quite the opposite tbh), and these were people were experienced drivers and track day goers. I've even seen a comment on here about them being too heavy !!!!!!! get a grip people......

How do you explain the massive price gap to "proper" coilovers (AST,H&R,...) then?

They ride better than the Raceland coilovers and offer more adjustment (damper, camber etc). I had some Raceland coilies on my 1.4 and the ride was pretty bouncy but didn't have any problems, and I did a lot of miles on them. Plus on smooth tarmac they cornered really well!