ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long should it take to swap a steering wheel?

M@C

Clio 172 Cup
I've got my hand on a wheel and airbag from a DynamiqueS to replace my 172 wheel because the thumb grips splitting.

Due to having a ridiculous amount of stuff to do this weekend I was just wondering what a realistic time was for swapping one out?

Also, the car is for sale at the minute. Would you guys say swap it out so it's nicer to sell or leave the original in and get my £50 back for the new wheel and airbag? The original wheel only has a split right thumb grip and minor melting.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Diss the battery
get a screw driver in the back of the wheel and pop the 2 clips off for the airbag
unclip the airbag plugs
Unbolt the wheel

And what ever you do DO NOT TOUCH THE WHEEL ANGLE SENSOR ! I touched mine and it took the best part of 2 months and £200 to sort out.

Simples

I always leave 30 mins after I have disconnected the battery to be on the safe side before removing the airbag, once thats done probably less than 5 minutes to swap over.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Going to try this tomorrow. My horns not working, doesn't seem to have any play in it when I push it. Not sure what to do. But will be sure to disconnect battery 30 minutes before and not touch the wheel sensor thing? Whatever that looks like?????

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
I dont bother disconnecting the battery, never had a problem in 7 years.

blue 1.2 16v
how do you disconnect the airbag wires? ive unclipped the airbag but cant see where to unclip the airbag wires :/ by the way im changind steering wheel to a new dynamique one:p