ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how long has it taken to get insurance to pay up?

Car less once more
hi all just woundering how long it took eny of ya to get ya insurance to pay up? sent all the paper work last week recored dilivery now they trying to tell me they aint got it all, im well sick and stuck wit a ka, cannet aford to insure out till they do!

Audi S1
All deppends m8, on why u claimed... if it was stolen n recovered, i see a post on here he was waitin like 1 month. Dnt fink anyone could give u exact amount of weeks without guessing

Can take a while for the company to process the documents once received. Best bet is to badger them until they cough up..

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
I had a claim go on for 9 months after a retired police inspector hit me and refused to accept resistibility for it.

I had two independent witnesses and his insurance company were going to pay out. Because the bloke was so arrogant at being a copper and not having an accident before he instructed his insures that if they were to pay out he would take THEM to court!

My insures ttok him/ the case went to court and I won.

Real headache though

Once the final paperwork came through it took about a week

visualize whirled pe
Mine was just under 4 weeks from the time I made the call, the process was slowed because the other driver refused to give his details (after saying he couldnt remember them at the scene of the accident) I had his plate and name + mobile number, apparently the car wasn't his.
In the end I tracked him down for the useless c***s.

I paid £4000 for the MX5 and had it for around 3 years (it was mint), the first offer was £1600, I was hellish firm with them and got £2400.
So..
I took the speakers, the mats, the tax disk to cash in, the torneu cover, the winter car cover, the chrome ariel, the cd player, the MX5 rubber momo cover (that goes over the spokes) and the hard top. All in all it came to £750 when I sold the bits on. So I made £3150 back, two fingers to you, f**king con artist insurance company.

it was 1 year from my acident to it all finally being settled, simply because they guy who hit me never spoke to his insurers once! I got my car sorted after about 6 months iirc

visualize whirled pe
I thought nearly a month without my car was bad enough. 1 year! to have it all sorted, bloody joke.

I was on the phone every day, sometimes twice daily saying "WELL, what have you done since we last spoke, tell me?" And if they said "nothing" I just said "WHY have you done nothing, let's get him on the phone now shall we?" I think they wanted the case closed just to get rid of me, still I didn't care, I wanted to recieve the service I'd paid nearly £400 for.

Car less once more
me clio got rit off bank hola day mon (sum one hit it parked out side my mams house) thought it would be quick since they only gave me 550 for it, had a phone call of the coritsy car people (entaprise) saying the car was due back monday just gone, so i said i aint heard out from the insurance bout it going back, and they told me to keep it till they pay up and they will keep billing them! but my insurance is sueing the other people insurance so will that take eny longer, o aye they all ready taken my clio away so should they have not given me the cash then, is that not theft of sum sort!

I thought nearly a month without my car was bad enough. 1 year! to have it all sorted, bloody joke.

I was on the phone every day, sometimes twice daily saying "WELL, what have you done since we last spoke, tell me?" And if they said "nothing" I just said "WHY have you done nothing, let's get him on the phone now shall we?" I think they wanted the case closed just to get rid of me, still I didn't care, I wanted to recieve the service I'd paid nearly £400 for.

I was on the phone twice a week for 6 months untill i got my car repaired without having to pay my excess, didnt give a s**t after that ;)

I think it was about 6 weeks for mine, 6 very long and tedious weeks full of phone calls!!

Make sure you screw everything out of them that you can and if the cars being written off get absolutely everything of value back from the car effectively putting it back to standard. It'll only be money in their pocket if not. My car went in when picked up with bare carpets, one key, empty glovebox, a spare wheel (I considered having that out too) and the worlds gashest radio which was simply slid in to the slot to plug the hole my Alpine left. Everything salvaged will be going on Ebay at some point hopefully.

Make sure to question them about everything to do with the procedure and get as much information as possible. Spend time doing a bit of your own research on the value of the car and keep evidence of it in black and white for bartering purposes. The key is to badger them as much as possible and be as ruthless as possible with them without doing anything to piss them off. Good manners and courtesy with a firm and no nonsense attitude will get you the best result possible. There will be times when you get angry and frustrated but try not to let it get the better of you.

They are always happy to take your money but never seem quite as happy to do the job they're paid for when it comes to the crunch!