ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How far is too far on front shocks?

derv biege barge
As per title really.

Bought car with 36,000 2 and half years ago, its now got 85,000.

I changed all springs for Eibach pro kit, changed leaking rear dampers for Koni adjustables.

Recently car feels like its wandering all over the place on bumpy roads.

I'm guessing I should of changed the fronts at 60,000 when I fitted the koni's to the rear.

Q 1. Standard front shocks, what sort of mileage are they good for on a 182 both cup packs?

Q 2. Is it possible for a damper to be knackered even though they are not wet with oil?

Opinions please. Thanks in advance.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Ref Q2, i've replaced 3 knackered dampers in my clio ownership, none had leaked/wet with oil.

derv biege barge
Thats what I'm thinking just too much mileage on them I suppose, had struts off a few days back both appear to operate ok, but new will probably be worlds apart.

I see K-tec do them £130ish delivered.

Cheapest place for 182 cup dampers anyone? New and genuine only pls.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I've just had a look at the renault parts site. They've gone up quite dramatically to £67.81 for 182 cup packed front shocks!!!! Small rise to £59.93 for everything else

derv biege barge
Update: got new shocks installed today.
Rattling noise gone, car feels much safer and more comfortable.
Thank you Adam great price and service.