ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do i paint my calipers

FF182 Brembo Max, BMC CDA
Hi guys.

I got a black 182 and want to paint my calipers yellow? what do i need to do this (paint ect) and where is the best place and best brand to get from?

Also shall i do all 4 or just the front two?

Cheers

i did mine other day with some paint from halfords (£10) makes a big difference, i just jacked it up took wheel off and painted em looks the dogs...

RS Clio 200
i did mine other day with some paint from halfords (£10) makes a big difference, i just jacked it up took wheel off and painted em looks the dogs...

you just sprayed straight on!?

oh god no!!!

you cant spray calipers.

best thing to do is buy a caliper paint kit. Comes with cleaner, paint and hardener.

Also, if you want a real all round nice job, take the cals off and do it!

Milltek'd 182
clean them first. there are a few thread going about this. i was advised to use hammerite, going to buy/paint them tomorrow. not sure wether to spray or paint them though....

is it best to get the kit? or is hammerite ok?

RS Clio 200
hammerite is fine, but i htink the proper kits give a much nicer finish personally... more of a proper lacquered look than paint brushy.

better to paint with a medium brush mate, not spray

Milltek'd 182
hmmm, i would like them nice and shiny! kits are alot though...! there not a lacquer that can be bought seperately/cheaply? where's best for a kit?

RS Clio 200
kit is only 20 quid... and you get a can of proper good cleaner in it as well...

if a jobs worth doing n all that

Renault Clio, 216 Tomcat
halfords stuffs no bad fink its bout a tenner..i dont mine.. jack up wheels off release the caliper from the mount watch ur pads and stuff tho..clean them up i used steel wool but be carfull on them mat4e. paint.. dry put back on ..and viola a nice lookin set o calipers.

Milltek'd 182
yea £20 isnt too bad but i was thinking about the two tone option ;) maybe just one colour could be the way to go...! get it from halfs?

thanks mate,

Last edited:
there are a few colours which they aint keeping in stock no more so if they have them theyll be cheap,i picked up the proper brake caliper stuff thats normally 20 quid in halfords from them for 5 quid,bargain i think

Renault Clio, 216 Tomcat
i would personally keep it one colour.mines blue all round and its a black car..looks alright when the rims are actaully on it...my friend ahd a blue with with the front one colour and the back different and it looked crap. use the same iidea in ur car as with clothes..2 clours good max 3 if they all can match.

DUB mk2 golf gti!
clean um!then hammerite um!took me bout 30mins for the whole car!mind i painted mine black,was bit easier!

FF182 Brembo Max, BMC CDA
ok guys thanks so the question just paint the front and leave the back or do both. and yellow on a black car sound good?

106 GTi
Clean up with a Wire brush and a tin of Hammerite Smooth, 5 quid job done. Looks as good and lasts as well as the expensive 2 part kits.

If you fancy taking them off the car you can use the spray hammerrite Smooth for an even nicer finish

Fiesta Zetec S
I used a kit from Halfords, £24 i think it was, Folia Tec make then its a 3 part kit, Cleaner, Paint and Hardener. Highly Reccomend it!

clio 172
My boyfriend painted his using hammerite smooth in red they look stunning and after 6 months they still look as good as new. Why pay more!!

Milltek'd 182
halfords do a special 'caliper paint' doesnt have hardener or cleaner. bought some today going to do them at the weekend hopefully i'l post some pics of the results. i'm doing dark blue on the inside and yellow on the outside. what you think?! :)