ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How dare they :)

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Can't tell if this is ironic?
"i had a scoob but got fed up so bought a clio 172 cliosport is full off morons lol"

I love that they consider clio drivers to be 20 and under... All idiotic 15yr olds love dump valves so they aren't going to like clios! God I'm so glad I don't own Imprezas anymore, they are the height of chavdom!!

Car forums are the same the world over , there is always someone who knows everything , there is always someone who spends more , there is always someone who likes to pick fights and wind people up , and the circle goes round again .
People always claim that their forum is the best , there car is some sort of supercar (including the supercar forums LOL ) , there will always bee the oap , the racer , the chave and mr sensible , but hey generally you get out what you put in .
And your only as good at comparing your car to the last one you drove , see this all the time people compare xyz to other cars they havn't driven or for that matter lived with.

Its all a bit like religion , love it as much as you want if it suits you and your needs ,but hey don't shove it down the next guys throat

RS Clio 182
Car forums are the same the world over , there is always someone who knows everything , there is always someone who spends more , there is always someone who likes to pick fights and wind people up , and the circle goes round again .
People always claim that their forum is the best , there car is some sort of supercar (including the supercar forums LOL ) , there will always bee the oap , the racer , the chave and mr sensible , but hey generally you get out what you put in .
And your only as good at comparing your car to the last one you drove , see this all the time people compare xyz to other cars they havn't driven or for that matter lived with.

Its all a bit like religion , love it as much as you want if it suits you and your needs ,but hey don't shove it down the next guys throat

Totally agree with that..

Skoda Fabia vRS
just so everyone knows, the Brun over there is not me, though its weird as im pretty sure we share the same surname and it seems we both drive a Fabia vRS lol

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
I personally think this is one of the nicest forums i've been on. I've been on the Mini Forum as well as Mercedes Benz Owners Club and Corsa C UK., and i have had nothing but rude or sarcastic answers.

Ive found that the advice i have received on here generally has been nice and informative. Ive not a bad thing to say about CS.net. :D

Astra gsi turbo
i can see what theyre sayin to be honest with you, im usually into the club scene and doing meets but this forum is one of the least helpful i have used

ive made posts with no replies several times now and had just as many posts/threads removed so i give up

unless youve been registered since 2002 or have more than 1000 posts, you get ignored

its not an overly friendly site i must say.

flame me if you want, i dont really care lol

as for the scooby site, dont bother joining that unless your over 40 with a receeding hairline lol

this ^^^

RB 182 FF
Scooby's are mostly Chav wagon's and that bloody droney noise they make get's on my tits! They are all bark and no tree.... Hate them, give me an Evo over one any day! :D

Lol. When you say no bark, what do you mean? And the noise they make is spot on imo

I think the ej20 will go down in history as one of the most definitive engine noises ever, I love that rumble, it made an impreza feel like a little tank, but they are a car largely for idiots now. 4WD is not necessary, doesn't make it handle better, and who wants to do 18 or so MPG in anything less than a Ferrari or something? I'd choose a 182 EVERY time :D

This place is full of idiots, they're not wrong. There are a few decent people but unfortunately the nature of this forum attracts chavs & people who don't even own a Clio (Gally I'm looking at you) and just troll the forums all day.

I mostly avoid posting unless I'm really bored. Generally look at the parts for sale / faults bit and maybe a quick look at the forza threads.

Don't think I'll bother renewing my membership again.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yip I ruined CS etc.

Don't give yourself a hernia.

That's discouraging to hear, I'm no regular, I got back on here a few weeks ago, used to be more regular many years ago, but I don't think I'd get upset by anything, if you get one question in ten replied to its surely better than nothing? Plus there's guides and search feature for diagnosing stuff, surely that's useful? It's a large forum with loads of members I suppose, maybe that's why.
Forum to me is just a giant playground, you won't get on with everyone but you can try! Ha

BMW 535d
There are some serious arseholes here. I think that most of them will admitt they are arseholes though.

Trolling I can only imagine is a big part of their boring lives maybe? Dull, boring jobs?

Daniel is the biggest dick on here but what a fantastic read when he posts! Play it the right way, dont be sensitive. He only bites when people give him something to bite at!

Personally I would say the admin are more than likely the worst on here, especially Revels. I have to admit I re-think some posts just because I know all you CS f*****s will slate the most petty of things. Although he does put fantastic 'gaww damn' posts up. So in that way I suppose I do like him a bit

I would only REALLY criticise the amount of times I have read 'do a search' to a genuine member asking a genuine question. Searching really doesnt always answer your question and think it would be a bit nicer to all if there were more answers rather than 'do a search' *geek rage*

Granted though, it is a great forum. I happily pay the membership for the off topic forums. Great charcters. I always enjoy a mace/tony hunter perv post.

Maybe tone down the grammer and spelling police though. If I cant spell big words then so what. Im a groundworker by trade, not an English lecturer.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
What's wrong with being here and not owning a Clio?

If you avoid posting and generally don't get involved, it's no surprise you're ignored. You'll find the same happens in real life. Sit in the corner and nobody will give you a second look. It's a two way street. To get people to interact with you, you must also interact with them.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
It's not always the case but a lot of Scoobs, Evo's M3 owners especially attract those that can't really drive & don't generally understand vehicle dynamics all they think is what it goes like in a straight line... to be honest anyone can drive fast in a straight doesn't take any talent, but the owners see themselves as driving gods because they just out dragged a 1.2 corsa or a genuinely lesser vehicle in terms of performance when it was all the car!

Before I got a proper job I used to do tuition for drivers looking to improve on track days amongst the worst where scooby, evo Bmw & Porsche owners by far! All the gear no idea. One of the best lines I ever heard was a billy telling us he can drive fast "I own a GT3 mate, I know how to drive fast" & one of my colleagues telling said billy that he owned a microwave but that didn't make him Jamie oliver.... Mr GT3 buried his shiny GT3 in the gravel at Paddock after about 6 laps of out braking himself.

Last edited:
What's wrong with being here and not owning a Clio?

It's like signing up to a forum made for, let's say... remote control cars, when you don't even own one and barely have a passing interest. Can't work out the attraction myself. Fair enough if you used to own a Clio and hung around after. I don't think Gally has ever owned one though, so what he's doing here is beyond me. 26k posts, 99% of which have no value to anyone.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
It's like signing up to a forum made for, let's say... remote control cars, when you don't even own one and barely have a passing interest. Can't work out the attraction myself. Fair enough if you used to own a Clio and hung around after. I don't think Gally has ever owned one though, so what he's doing here is beyond me. 26k posts, 99% of which have no value to anyone.

I think you are thinking very narrow minded there, if someone enjoys something why should they stop enjoying it if there circumstances change? Gally mainly posts in GC where it is acceptable to talk about other things than Clio's.

Of course you are entitled to an opinion, and if that is yours fair enough.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I think you are thinking very narrow minded there, if someone enjoys something why should they stop enjoying it if there circumstances change? Gally mainly posts in GC where it is acceptable to talk about other things than Clio's.

Of course you are entitled to an opinion, and if that is yours fair enough.

I believe your post count isnt affected when you post in GC so if he posts mainly in there then 26k posts is a phenomenal effort for elsewhere for someone who has never owned a Clio...

I don't care btw some of gallys posts are intresting and helpfull (although a lot is also bollox)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

I'm glad to see i've made such an impression on people.

I'm sure 43,000 of Chris' posts were just him laying his own small body on the line to help everyone. Sowy Christoph! :eek:

I don't know what you want me to do about my post count? Apologise?

They certainly don't count in GC so i'm sure they might have helped at least a few folks out elsewhere on the forum. Next time i'll run it past you before I post though.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
CS is a decent forum IMO, good knowledge of various cars/topics etc. Although the arse licking and utter tripe posted in threads in gen chat is cringe-worthy and embarrassing.

How some people hold down full time jobs with the amount of crap they post is beyond me, lol.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Weren't you blamed for ruining the forum a couple of months ago Gally?

Yup. Should I take a hint?

CS is a decent forum IMO, good knowledge of various cars/topics etc. Although the arse licking and utter tripe posted in threads in gen chat is cringe-worthy and embarrassing.

How some people hold down full time jobs with the amount of crap they post is beyond me, lol.

Maybe they work really hard to end up in a position that allows them to spend time on the net at work, whilst doing their job?

Or maybe we're on the dole?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Yup. Should I take a hint?

Nope f*ck 'em, carry on as you are mate. :approve:

Getting annoyed about any forum is just mental, thery're a mirror for society
they're full of all types of people good and bad, just like life.

I think sometimes people forget that computers have an off switch.

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I was jesting to a mate earlier about how people can get rather upset about people on the net.

Especially when it isn't actually personal attacks of sorts. Strange.

Cheers though dude. All forums are probably the same!