ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How can i clear this up?

Arctic 182
I know theres a thread on how to tidy the gloss carbon but this is the matt carbon splitter so doesnt have any laqueur.
How can i get rid of the marks that have developed? i dont posess a machine polisher

20120129_123539.jpg

RS6 C7
Should polish up nicely with a machine polisher, You can wet sand these aswell and then build it back up with lacquer.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
you sure that's not lacquered? looks like it to me, thought even the matt carbon is lacquered? bet it's stone chips putting a hole / crack in the lacquer, moisture gets in between this and the carbon and lifts off. Had it happen to me on some cheap carbon parts I had on the front.

I personally wouldn't machine polish that. I'd wet sanded it down, lifted off the parts that are pealing off and resprayed the lacquer coat.

Arctic 182
you sure that's not lacquered? looks like it to me, thought even the matt carbon is lacquered? bet it's stone chips putting a hole / crack in the lacquer, moisture gets in between this and the carbon and lifts off. Had it happen to me on some cheap carbon parts I had on the front.

I personally wouldn't machine polish that. I'd wet sanded it down, lifted off the parts that are pealing off and resprayed the lacquer coat.

why is all your post in past tense?
Thanks for the reply, what grade of sand paper would you recommend?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
because I'm not sanding down my carbon parts now, so therefore I did them in the past. I meant to say 'I wet sanded it down............ not that it makes any real difference?

without seeing it in front of me, hard to say from just a pic. start with the least abrasive and if it's not removing enough step up in grit size, I ended up wanting to remove as much as possible and re lacquer so I attacked it. All depends on how much it has lifted

Can you catch your fingernail on it? If so, rub down until smooth and relacquer with matt lacquer.

If not 2000 then 3000 wet and dry, followed by a polish with a machine + 3m ultrafina.