ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How accurate is the clio fuel guage?

As the title says really. My fuel guage is on the red, but remaining miles on the trip is showing 50. The fuel warning light isnt on either.
Does this seem normal? Its a 172.

Be careful, mine ran out on the orange light, the red didnt even come on!! And in rush hour what fun that was!

Golf GTD Mk7
Be careful, mine ran out on the orange light, the red didnt even come on!! And in rush hour what fun that was!

There is no red light as far as I know. Might be why you ran out.lol

If you do the dash test while the car is off (hold down the trip button, then turn the key to ignition point), while it's doing it, press the trip button and it tells you how much fuel you have left in L.

Thanx for that I will try it.
If trip is showing 50 miles remaining, would you trust it. Im not trying to run it as low as I can, just wanting to know if its actually accurate. The needle on the fuel guage does seem to fluctuate abit, and it seems strange that the needle is on red and no light on.

Golf GTD Mk7
It goes off your mpg afaik, so if you're getting 40, you have roughly 40miles left at current driving style. when the light comes on there is roughly a gallon (4.4l) remaining. do the test as the light comes on (pull over) and see what's left. On a flat obviously ;)

LY R26 230 F1 Team
My fuel gauge is hit and miss tbh, reads 1/2 tank, go to the shops and back (1/2mile away yes i am lazy) and got 1/4 left... dont trust it at all tbh.

RS6 C7
No it read one bar and i have 60 miles then when it hits the orange light it just goes to 0, Not very helpful really as i just have to guess what range i have.

Thats pretty crap really isnt it.
I was thinking it could have been a problem with the level sensor, looks like its just shite.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Mine used to go to the red light every time, then another 50 miles, then I'd fill it.

Best idea IMO is to see where the needle is, brim it, and note how much you put in. It's a 50 litre tank, so if you put 40 litres in, you know you were safe. Do that a few times and you'll soon see if the needle is trustworthy.

No it read one bar and i have 60 miles then when it hits the orange light it just goes to 0, Not very helpful really as i just have to guess what range i have.

I'd guess they did this as your meant to fill up as soon as possible when the petrol light comes on.
Stop people complaining coz they ran out of fuel and the trip said they had two miles left or whatever.

My needle fluctuate's too.
Was better on my old non sport, had the digital fuel gauge.