ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Horn Wiring Help Don't want a fire!

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
Hey guys as the thread title says i'm after some help with wiring up my horn with an aftermarket steering wheel.
I've tried searching but the only things i can find is dont do it it will set your car on fire or take it to an auto electrician.
The question is has anyone done this themselves / know how to do it?
My horn only has one spade connector on but theres two wires from the standard horn?
Any help would be appreciated.
Its a ph1 172 btw.
Cheers guys and thanks for looking

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
Yeah i know there's a horn on the stalk so itl be fine for MOT's etc but tbh i'd prefer a horn on the wheel.
As if i ever use the horn that's instantly where my hand automatically goes, center of the steering wheel so if possible i would like to wire it up!

CursedTitanium 182FF
Take some decent pics of your horn button & post it up here, I have put an aftermarket wheel on mine. Its a bit daunting at first but once you get your head around it it's not that bad.

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
Cheers 1812lsd, I'm away from home for a few days so cant get any pics of my actual horn but this pic on ebay shows the back of a horn and its the same as mine HORNBACK.jpg

CursedTitanium 182FF
For that horn push you may get away with just wiring the live to it, as the pointy bit on the side is the earth. Only way to tell is to test it. Put the live on the metal bit in the centre then just hold the pointy bit against the metal bit on the steering wheel & see if the horn works (Try and keep it still & in firm contact)

If it gives off sparks when pressed you may need to purchase one with two connections on the back, like this one that I have on mine: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OD-1960-N...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d0149ea16 If you do end up getting that, give me a shout & I'll give you a 60mm Renault badge to replace the OMP badge, no charge, just pay it forward to someone else.