ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hope I dont get shot down! Tyres for Mrk II 182....

EVO 6 -no for much longer
Alreet guys and gals....

Before anyone shouts I've spent the last 2 hours reading reviews on tyres for the Mark II 182 but I cant make a decision!

I bought the car a couple of months ago and the tyres on it are shocking! I was so dissappointed... but Im not going to through away the keys until i put some decent tyres on it! :)

Can some one help! Im desperate to get some sorted ASAP! :)

Cheers!

Jonny

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Get some PE2s on there, you'll like it then, whats on at the moment?

No such thing as a mark 2 182!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Michelin Pilot Exalto 2!!!

nothing else is good enough, I've recently changed to a set of Yoko's and the grip in the wet is poor and there's not much feel for when they let go

try on the Mrk II comment.... its early!

Cant remember off the top of my head what they are but i bet the cost about £40 a set! lmao

I used to have a 172 and loved the handling so was fumin when i toook this one out for a drive!

So the Exalto 2s seem to be a popular choice! Anyone disagree! :)

Great Suggestion about Costco buddy!

PE2s fitted for £101 a corner! pretty good!

Cheers! :approve:

Clio 182 with Cup packs
There were a pair of PE2 and a pair of Inifinity on my 182 until 2 weeks ago - the cheap Inifinity's were fitted when I bought the car and I was too tight to replace them until they were bald. With hindsight, the handling and ride was shocking. I can't believe I put up with it for so long. Probably because I mainly drive on rough country roads so hadn't really realised how much of the shake rattle and roll was down to the tyres.

Four new PE2s fitted now and the car is transformed - CostCo had a 20% off when you buy 4 offer on but it might have finished now.

Can't comment on other tyres, but cheap ones would seem to be a bad move.

Cammed 182 :)
Get uniroyal Rainsports 2,s great in wet and dry also check mytryereviews.com they seem to come out top above the others I got mine for £65 each not too bad.

Michelin Pilot Exalto 2 = £102 each = £408 a set
Toyo T1R = £56 each = £224 a set

If you read enough on here a lot of people say T1Rs are better and a lot of people say PE2s are better (plus loads of other brands). So its all very subjective, pay your money and make your choice.