ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Honda s2000

BMW 535d
evening all,

Thinking about getting one of the above as a weekend car.

Anyone had any experiences with them? Running them day today and living with them? I have driven on and loved it.

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on these...

Thanks in advance
Jake

BMW 535d
I have done a quote and it's good compared to my 535d.

I'm 5'10 so not particularly long legged.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Cheers JD.

Awesome car, I love mine even after 5 years of ownership.

Insurance is getting cheaper, I pay £500 to insure it in inner city Manchester (garaged, full ncb, no convictions, 34).

Check for rust on rear arches, knocking from engine while running (suggests oil starvation), hood for tears behind drivers shoulder, geo bolts have been greased and are loose (very expensive to replace).

Have a look at s2ki classified, always buy a cherished example.

MPG is around 28ish average.

Well balanced and unbelievable grip in the dry (not so great in the wet). Few cars come with stability control (not needed imo).

It's not that quick but will put a smile on your face every time you drive it.

Very noisy on the motorway (4k @ 75mph).

They are actually increasing in value :).

Tax on a car newer than April 2006 is £485 (or there abouts).

The first few generations are more raw (stiffer suspension etc). According to the forums the 55-07 are the versions to go for.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I had one for just over a year as a daily, covered about 20k in that time which included a weekly Devon to Portsmouth return trip.

Loved it, would like another someday.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
My only suggestion is when going round a slight bend in the wet, don't hit vtec.

You'll probably die.