ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Honda Civic Type RR

EK4, 632 on black, Mk2Ph3
Currently in Hong Kong for holiday so i met up with Bill (hkka) from CS.
He took me around to look for parts for my clio in Hong Kong and we came across this "workshop" which sold brand japanese aftermarket parts along the lines of Trust, HKS etc...

When we arrived we saw THREE Civic Type RR's, a load of track DC5's few DC2's (no memory so no pics), an EK and a NSX...

Type RR (im a crap photographer so dont flame...):

DSC00233.jpg

DSC00234.jpg

DSC00235.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

DSC00238.jpg

DSC00239.jpg

DSC00245.jpg

DC5's:

DSC00240.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

EK:

DSC00243.jpg

DSC00244.jpg

Taiwanese Edition of OZ Racing (almost got caught taking this photo):

DSC00248.jpg

Thanks and sorry for the quality, was off my phone... :)

they look fookin awesome,

what parts you lookin for while your out there?

see whats left, the probablity of seeing a clio in HongKong is VERY narrow.
i havent seen one yet except the ones in the scrap yard..

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'd be f**king livid if I was a Honda fan tbh. Thats like us having the 197 over here, and France getting a 197 with a Meggy lump........ Its what the car should have been from launch....

Great stuff there :) Is that a chrome DC5 I see there ?

Pmsl @ DZ Racing though. Are they snidey OZ ? Or they legit ? (I read about the taiwanese bit)

"He just came into's Harry's with a list, he's going to be running three civics, with spoon engines man" ;)

Great stuff there :) Is that a chrome DC5 I see there ?

Pmsl @ DZ Racing though. Are they snidey OZ ? Or they legit ? (I read about the taiwanese bit)

nah, its not a chrome DC5 just fully vinyled one, and those DZ Racing alloys are legit.

The earlier version for DZ are GZ. They are crazy.
Got my message Vin? I sent u some pics of the wheel.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
Looks cool. I remember the 5th gear review of japans type R (not sure how different the RR is to that) and it was a lot faster than the UK R. They said it was wicked on the track but pretty much unbearable on UK roads due to the stuff suspension.

Vid
[youtube]P07Cy9UgGTI[/youtube]

Turbos.
Wow. Original NSX-R. Want so bad... You should have gotten more pictures of that rather than the shitty Civics!

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
DSC00245.jpg

Is that one on a chinese plate or something?

Got anymore pics of the NSX? For sale?

Be honest, for you guy who want Jap cars, you should import from Japan. The Japanese keep their cars very new and care them well.

We have a website in HK which they help u to bid on the Japanese auction site (like Yahoo, the most popular in Japan. Japanese are 90% not ship oversea on their auction items), they can help u to bid and transport the car to other country.

They have link to what you are looking for, this is in English.
Doesn't has to be car, can be car parts as well.
http://www.japanbid.com.hk/en/index.htm

Turbos.
Lets not be doubting my NSX knowledge Cwistopher. You will fail. They were never called Type Rs. They did a Type S, Type S Zero and NSX-R.

NSX-R_name_badge_ic.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Exactly as i thought... I pwn TBH. Original ones were Type-R's ;)

Honda produced a very limited number of NSX type R in 1992 for Japan. Major changes include a more aggressive suspension and an extensive weight reduction to 1230 kg from the normal NSX weight of 1350 kg. The NSX type R was very track oriented as it lacked sound deadening, audio, electric windows, and air conditioning in an effort to reduce weight. The NSX type R's role was replaced by the NSX type S Zero in 1997.

A second iteration of the type-R dubbed NSX-R was released in 2002, again exclusively in Japan. The NSX-R has a more aggressive rear spoiler and hood vent, along with various refinements to reduce weight to 1270 kg. Under the body, panels and air fences in the front, along with a small rear diffuser serve to produce balanced downforce. The subtle changes along with its renowned handling have kept NSX-R in contention on the track even against considerably higher-powered cars, such as the Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale, whose Nurburgring Nordschleife lap time it nearly tied.

Turbos.
Next week, lets not base our facts on Wikipedia.

"'92- [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Birth of the NSX-R" [/FONT]http://world.honda.com/NSX/history/

nsx-r-04.jpg

Never mind x

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL... just checked. You win. :(

Seems some people, even on NSX forums are confused!!

1st Gen NSX-R. NA1 chassis code.

...not just a pweety face eh.

<<TBH.